What's new

Govee WiFi Thermometer/Hygrometer

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A gentleman from Govee, Leo, sent me their new WiFi thermometer/hygrometer, wanting me to review it. I have previously reviewed a Bluetooth model. Other than the free thermometer/hygrometers, I have no ties to Govee.

The device is approximately 3x2x1. Runs on 3 AAA batteries that come in it. Also has a holder with double sided tape on the back. The supplied instructions are clear and easy to follow.
You connect to the device by Bluetooth, using your phone and the Govee app. From there you give it the information to connect to your WiFi.

You can name the device what ever helps you keep track of it. The app allows you to track multiple devices, both WiFi and Bluetooth.

Temperature and humidity alarms are possible.

In this picture I have the humidity set for 64 to 70 percent. At a glance you can tell it is out of range, by the red numbers. It also sends you alerts on the phone if you are on the same WiFi.

Calibration is done via the app and you can actually watch the display on the device change, as you change the calibration setting.

Out of curiosity, one morning, I closed the app, took the device out of the humidor and left the house. Later in the day, I opened the app. It showed the Bluetooth devices were last updated right before I left the house. The WiFi device showed the last update to be roughly the current time and displayed the humidity of the room where I left it. You'll notice on the graph of that day, after taking it out of the humidor, the temperature varies more, as the heat cycles on and off. It starts at the same time that the measured humidity drops drastically to that of the house.

If you have any questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Right before I posted this review, Leo emailed me that their was a special on these. See the copy/paste from his email below

Product link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FBCTQ3L
Sale price: $75.99
code: P3NQIOD3 (30% off)and extra $4 coupon
Deal price: $49.19
Expire on 31st, Jan