What's new

Gran Habano V.L

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Picked this cigar up last weekend in my search to try new NC's as well as CC's. This search is not going well but since I like the Gran Habano corojo line, when I saw these I was draw to them. The box and cigar had a wonderful deep sweet tobacco smell. The cigar has a Nicaragua wrapper, Costa Rica/ Nicaragua filler and a Dominican binder. A multi-national cigar that was very dark and oily with a lot of promise. Pre-light draw yeilded earth and sweet cocoa. The cigar fired up with a little difficulty, maybe a little wet still. The taste suprised me as instead of the power house I was expecting, I got a smooth, medium body smoke. The sweetness continued with cocoa, earth and wood flavors. I had work at keeping it lit but still got plenty of smoke and it never got hot I also had to correct the burn a few times. The flavors stayed throughout. Not complex but very satisfying, with lots of maduro taste. I liked this cigar and at $5.00 a stickwill probably put a box away for a while.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Great friend of mine owns this brand.

If you think his Commercially available blends are good, you should try all his test cigars & private labels. Unbelievable...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Great friend of mine owns this brand.

If you think his Commercially available blends are good, you should try all his test cigars & private labels. Unbelievable...
Randy bought me a #5 corojo torp when he was last in town. After I smoked it I bought two boxes and set them aside. I saw these in Phoenix when I did a 24 hour turn around. Wish I had bought more.

Your friends obviously knows how to blend. One of the few NC's I recommend anymore.