What's new

Gran Habano

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Somewhere we were talking about how good these were price and flavor wise for an NC. Rockys is having a super sales on the #5 blend.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yes, Gran Habano #5 is a great smoke.

I know from experience that this tobacco is fermented at a lower temp, for longer time which should create a cigar that has the ability to age better long term (obviously dependent on tobacco quality which I believe to be stellar). I've smoked 5 y/o versions and they are some of the best N/Cs I've ever smoked. Do yourself a favor. Get your favorite B&M to pick up the phone & harass the owner into releasing his "blend 6". It's amazing with some age. Young it will kill you. 3+ years & I'd choose it over a lot of Cubans.

Haven't smoked enough 3s yet but from what I've had, they're magnificent as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Due to the price & recomendation, I'm thinking of purchasing a box. What would you say is the min. amount of time needed for aging? Are they OK right out of the box?

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have a box of the #5 Pyramids, paid $3 more thru an auction than Rocky's is advertising. These are over a year old now, and I haven't had one in a while. They were pretty good, but they didn't cause any wow factor. I have gifted a bunch. The rest are sitting in a coolidor awaiting the next stage of development.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Due to the price & recomendation, I'm thinking of purchasing a box. What would you say is the min. amount of time needed for aging? Are they OK right out of the box?
I just smoke em. I really like this cigar out of the box. This time I ordered an extra box to age a couple just for fun.