What's new

Graycliff "Blue Band" Robusto

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
This was brought back to me from the Graycliff's resort by a friend who vacationed there with his wife.

In appearance, this cigar is a light claro, almost greenish in tint. The wrapper was marred by bumps and what appeard to be glue stains! It is light in weight, but appears fairly well made.

Upon lighting, the smoke was acrid, hot and umpleasant. This continued for approximately 5 minutes, and then the taste lost much of its edge. What was left, however, was a mild to medium bodied cigar that rose, at best, to heights of mediocrity. There was an unpleasant grassy taste to the finish, which began at about the middle of the cigar and intensified until I had had enough.

In all, this was the most over-hyped, disappointing "high end" cigar I have ever smoked (with the notable exception of the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio). I would not purchase it for my consumption at any price, I am afraid. With its price figured in, my rating yields:

Appearance: 7/10
Construction: 7/10
Flavor: 10/20
Finish: 5/10
Smoking experience: 10/20
Aroma: 7/10
Overall impression: 10/20

Total: 56/100

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
So you are saying you did not like it????
Just kidding.

I think the only stick I have been that adamant about was an Olor that I bought from Famous smoke shop.
Bad part is that I have a blue label Greycliff in my humidor right now. I had one other one and I thought it was decent.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I had a red label original that i wasn't to crazy about. It actually numbed my back teeth, odd feeling.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
sucol said:
Yes - they are made by the Graycliff Resort there.
I'm glad I did'nt buy any when I was down there for my honeymoon I thought about it but never found the time I brought my own suitcase full of premo sticks so I did'nt care.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Viper139 said:
* NOTE to self.....cross Greycliff off of TO DO list * [-(
I couldnt agree more here... I just dont understand how these things comand the prices that they do... they really arent that great :smt017