What's new

Graycliff Espresso

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just got a single today of the Pirate (Torpedo) and the Presidente. I went with the Pirate and a glass of ice water. I'm a medium body type of guy but felt a little frisky tonight and decided to burn the torpedo. I am a big fan of the dark Costa Rican wrapper, especially on a Gurkha Beast and a 5 Vegas series A so that was one in my favor. I didn't know what to expect from the cuban seed corojo, ecuadorian ligero and nicaraguan filler combo though.

The construction and pre-light draw were aces. Lighting was very easy and the burn was as even as a sober guy walking a straight line for a state trooper on a Saturday night. My first pulls on this beauty presented a woody taste with an ever so gentle sweetness trying to break through. This continued through the first half but the sweet kiss of what I thought might be caramel, never really broke out. I only tipped the solid ash 3 times during this 80 minute adventure and noticed that I was taking bigger sips of ice water and swishing it around my mouth a bit longer as I continued my journey. I was quite surprised that there was no hint of spice or leather. As I worked my way through the second half, the woody and sometimes cedary taste stayed with me all the way. A leathery taste made its appearance for a brief time but the spicy pepper flavor grew a bit stronger as I burned it down to about an inch. This definitely was the fullest bodied cigar I have smoked. I'm not sure when I'll do the presidente though since this did hit me with some head rushes.

For the price, I think I may have purchased my limit (presidente was also 13 samolians). I do look forward to the presidente, but not for a while. My tastes may change and if they do, this guy will be one that I will be delighted to spar a few rounds with!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it in the PG and wow, it was FULL BODIED. I never had a feeling of such tingling in my nose before. You are right on when you said head rushes. I have three more but I will make sure they sleep for a long while.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
These are my favorite NC cigars right behind Fuente Anejos. With a little age, they are among the richest and most complex NCs I have smoked. Good review.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Graycliffs are quite good, but very pricey due to Avelino Lara's past connection to the Habanos Cohiba brand. I'm still working on a box of the Red Label Corona Especiales that I bought two years ago (for half price!) They are aging nicely.