What's new

Great Boutique Brands

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a boutique brand they like? I would like to try something a little of the beaten path in the medium range.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Warped is consistently excellent; a little on the spendy side, but Kyle makes some affordable lines that are also amazing, the Futuro and the La Hacienda.

Cornelius & Anthony's Cornelius is absolutely phenomenal; I've only had a couple of the corona gorda size, but it's absolutely worth checking out

Sobremesa by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust is one of my favorite releases of the last year; absolutely incredible smoke.

The same could be said for Foundation's El Gueguense. Solidly medium body, complex flavors, excellent construction.

Crowned Heads and RoMa Craft also put together some excellent sticks. I particularly recommend Crowned Head's Four Kicks Black Belt Buckle (a Famous Smoke exclusive) as well as a number of their limited production cigars: Tennessee Waltz (a TN B&M Exclusive), Angel's Anvil 2015, and the upcoming Las Mareas release. For RoMa craft, I have a lot less experience, but I have very much enjoyed their Intemperance BA XXI line.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Warped is consistently excellent

Cornelius & Anthony's Cornelius is absolutely phenomenal

Sobremesa by Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust is one of my favorite releases of the last year

The same could be said for Foundation's El Gueguense

Crowned Heads and RoMa Craft also put together some excellent sticks
All great rec's -- except the Cornelius, which I have yet to try but if Stogie says, I'd trust it.

I also find that since they were both DE guys and both came out with new companies last year, people tend to equate Dunbarton and Foundation as being roughly equal. I have not yet ruled on that one. I have really liked the Gueguense sticks I have tried -- up until I tried the torpedo last weekend and it didn't taste like anything to me. Likewise, I have alternately been impressed, and not, with the Sobre. Time will have to tell on that.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I also find that since they were both DE guys and both came out with new companies last year, people tend to equate Dunbarton and Foundation as being roughly equal.
It's difficult to even try to compare them, as they each only have one release and the releases were so very different from each other. But both were excellent cigars by nearly all counts (including blind reviews), so I think that's why they receive equal praise.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would add Black Label Trading Company. They need a little more rest, but the Royalty is a great smoke.

I also love Paul Stulac cigars. He didn't seem to catch on like some of the other boutique brands so it is getting a bit harder to find all of his stuff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll throw in Caldwell's The King is Dead and their Eastern Standard. They have a cigarillo in the latter that's solid.

Last edited:

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Toss La Palina into the pile, and also Regius as well. both are solid...although ive only had a few regius, but they were good.