What's new

Great Pepin Event with Great BOTL's

Ender

Ok, maybe just one.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I am. Looks like a nice place. This is my first post. Nice pics by the way. It was good meeting you yesterday.

Ender

Ok, maybe just one.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pepin event was great once we had a graciouse freind do a LOT of translating for us.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just got back from Goodfellas. There had to be some Brothers there, right ?
I had a nice chat with Pepin. A real personable fellow.

I told him Canada was just across the river just three minutes from downtown Detroit and he became real interested. I then told him a Casa del Habano was just a block from the tunnel and that CDH sells his once prized Cohibas for $70.00 a stick and his My Father almost dropped out of his mouth. His traveling partner almost wet his pants.

Pepin then told me how great the Cohibas of the 80s and Montecristos of the 70s and 80s were. He says the recent productions are pure garbage. He said in the 90s he warned the powers to be in the Cuban cigar industry that they were going down a woeful road with hurried and mass production but they would not listen him.

He said the last time he traveled to Cuba a customs agent ask him why the hell was he bring cigars to Cuba when the best cigars in the world were made in Cuba. Pepin told him that his cigars were better than the cubans and presented the agent with one of his. Several weeks later when he was leaving the island the same customs agent saw him and said, " Damn, you were right . They are better !!! You got any more you can give me ?"

Good time !

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
He said the last time he traveled to Cuba a customs agent ask him why the hell was he bring cigars to Cuba when the best cigars in the world were made in Cuba. Pepin told him that his cigars were better than the cubans and presented the agent with one of his. Several weeks later when he was leaving the island the same customs agent saw him and said, " Damn, you were right . They are better !!! You got any more you can give me ?"

Good time !

That's an awesome story! I love it!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I just printed it out from here. Just wanted it for myself. Hope your cool with that. I'll gladly pay you for the copy I made if need be. I did not think it was a big deal. Great photo. He really liked it.
Where in gods name did you get that shot of Pepin? I have not released any yet?

~brooks

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I just printed it out from here. Just wanted it for myself. Hope your cool with that. I'll gladly pay you for the copy I made if need be. I did not think it was a big deal. Great photo. He really liked it.
Hey!

No no, it is fine, but at least let me print you a decent copy...the one from the web can't be all that great resolution wise :stretchgr

~brooks

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Hey!

No no, it is fine, but at least let me print you a decent copy...the one from the web can't be all that great resolution wise :stretchgr

~brooks
No it is not the best resolution. But I had 30 minutes to print it and get to the event. I would love a better copy. And I can cover that, if you know what I mean.:cbig:

Thanks