What's new

Greatest B&M On Earth

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Each person on here has their favorite story or their best encounter with a B&M that they've visited or they frequent. So here's a chance to post on your and perhaps when one of us is in your town we will check them out and tell them ____ sent me.

Here's mine.

I was up in Sacramento today for none other than a Job Interview. Well, I have been wanting to try one of the Serie V cigars from Oliva. So on my way up I call the store (Tower Cigars and Pipes) and ask them if they have any and if so to set me a couple aside.

Well, Mark tells me that they have a couple of Double Robusto and I ask him to hold them for me. Well, I ace the interview and I am feeling good about myself so what else better than a cigar to close the deal.

Well I get to the store, and for those of you not familiar with Sacramento, it is located in the old Tower Theater building in a somewhat eclectic part of the City. Well I get there and there is a customer there who is buying pipe tobacco and sharing that he's not a fan of cigars, not because they are cigars but, as a result of having smoked some things in the past that I had never heard of (some sort of 'dipped' cigar). Anyway, he leaves and I tell the gentlemen behind the counter, Tom "The Old Gringo" Gilles that I am looking for some sticks which had been set aside for me.

We then get to discussing the cigar police... and the S-CHIP bill and a few other related topics. I share with him that I am from out of town and before you know it, he smacks me in the mouth with a gift. Not only one, but, two. Needless to say, I am floored. On top of this, he throws in a HumiPak to help ensure optimal smoking pleasure.

I said all that to say this... in that I will soon be making the 70 mile sojourn to Sacto on a daily basis soon, coupled with the fact that my wife has demanded that we not move... This will become my one and only shop for all my NC sticks.

The folks over at Tower run a fine outfit and if you are ever in town you owe it to yourself to check them out.

For those of you who cannot make it, you can visit them on the web, and tell them that you heard about them at BOTL.org

http://towercigars.com/store/

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Been one of my favorite vendors for a long time. . .:smile: Been short on some of my preferred stock of late though. . .

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I agree ... Mark has been a great supporter of cigar smokers for a long time. If I lived outside of CA, I would have bought lots of stuff from him over the past many years.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Great story.

I have many to share, but you find some great BOTLs everywhere you travel. It's what I love about the hobby.