What's new

Greetings from ChefBillVan in Harrison, AR

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined this group last night. I have already improved my cigar related knowledge, and even found someone selling boxes of my Favorite Brand of Sticks from that extra special place. And ordered a few boxes and made a new friend.
I'm a real cigar junkie, Drew Estate makes most of my favorite stuff.
I'm into collecting, single malt scotch, cigars ( of course ) and neon signs. I have chronic pain and use a wheelchair on the bad days.
Lost my wife to Brain cancer 8 yrs ago and I've raised two amazing daughters by myself since then. One graduated 2 yrs ago with a BFA from Art school and I've got another who's a freshman in college studying film making. They are my whole life, and I've figured out the secret to life is enjoying the passage of time, James Taylor you smart fella you...
Life to me is just the time between great meals and even greater cigars.
Cheers to you all I'm looking forward to making some friends in here.

Cheers, ChefBillVan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @ChefBillVan :D

With an interest in scotch, a converted china cabinet, and a massive collection of cigars like that it's almost like you've been around here forever. It takes most newbies at least 6 months to slip that far down the slope LOL. I have no doubt that you're going to fit in very well with the rest of the motley bunch that hangs out here. (y)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
You sir are a man I'd like to hang out with. Congrats on finding us. And a even higher praise for figuring out life, way before the rest of us. Very sorry for the loss of your wife.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @ChefBillVan :D

With an interest in scotch, a converted china cabinet, and a massive collection of cigars like that it's almost like you've been around here forever. It takes most newbies at least 6 months to slip that far down the slope LOL. I have no doubt that you're going to fit in very well with the rest of the motley bunch that hangs out here. (y)
Your close actually it's a converted walnut Gun cabinet, am a woodworker that's all homemade. I put in 4 Spanish cedar shelves and after much trial and error landed on a 4 can Avallo active humidification system and a large thermoelectric cooling unit in the top of the cabinet.
It's keeps my RH at 68% and 70°internal temp steady as a rock.

I have a big chest humidor as well where I store full boxes. It isn't homemade though I bought it. I put the same Avallo active humification system inside it with just 2 water cans and 4 fans. It sits in a spot that's cooled by a big concrete slab so far it keeps itself under 70°.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sir are a man I'd like to hang out with. Congrats on finding us. And a even higher praise for figuring out life, way before the rest of us. Very sorry for the loss of your wife.

Thanks your very kind to say that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great intro and great job on raising those daughters. Your positive attitude is very impressive.
Welcome from SoCal!
Thank you PuroCigar. I have to admit I've never heard of your company before joining this group. Do you put out a catalog or is it all on-line? I gonna go searching for you right now actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk