What's new

Greetings from the land of low RH

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody new guy here from Phoenix. I have been an occasional cigar smoker for 8-9 years now having them mostly at social events. I’m sort of a third generation cigar smoker as my dad and both grandpas (one pictured in Avi at Rocky patels bar in Fort Meyers) also enjoyed a good stick. I’ll chalk this up to another fun but expensive bad habit inherited from them including motorcycles and good bourbon/rum/tequila. Mostly had just been having guys nights with my buddies at local cigar bars or other events.

In the last year or two upped my interest adding a small 50 count humidor at home and enjoying on a more routine basis when relaxing. Due to the constant struggle with RH and temp in Phoenix I just purchased a Newair CC-100 to try and end that fight which is starting off looking like a good plan. Hoping to start expanding my knowledge using this forum, I just joined but used it as reference for trying to get the last humi to work and ultimately making the decision on the CC100.

I’ve also started using Cigar scanner to try and track my sticks and keep a record of my thoughts but still working on being able to do more than a thumbs up or down and get more nuisanced. Some of the cigars I have really enjoyed recently have been the La Gloria Cubana Serie R maduro, Perdomo 20th Anny maduro, and the Hoyo La Amistad Silver.

Hoping to learn more and find some things to fill the new unit with and help take up some of that space in the new humi.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Those habits are awesome as long as you have enough discipline for them, don't sweat.
Thanks Yeah they are fun hobbies and I’ve been doing all but the sticks long enough to manage pretty well. A nice ride followed by a stick and a bourbon makes for a solid day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So total noob question I figured I would ask here as opposed to a new thread. I have about 45-50 sticks in my cc-100 I just moved from my old desktop humidor combine with some new ones.

what’s the best option to fill up some air volume in the new unit? Do I even need to worry since it’s been holding steady?

I have historically been buying samplers or 5-packs that have sticks I want to try and have generally had good luck with that is there A better way to build my collection and try new things?

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
In my opinion you're doing it right. Try as much as you can, hold off on buying boxes for a while as your taste in cigars will almost certainly change.
Look at some of the online retailers, they have samplers you can try in all different price ranges.
Check out the today's smoke thread to see what we're smoking, read reviews, and once you meet the requirements do the noob trade.

By the way welcome from Detroit

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion you're doing it right. Try as much as you can, hold off on buying boxes for a while as your taste in cigars will almost certainly change.
Look at some of the online retailers, they have samplers you can try in all different price ranges.
Check out the today's smoke thread to see what we're smoking, read reviews, and once you meet the requirements do the noob trade.

By the way welcome from Detroit
Thanks I already threw my name in for the trades so in a month or so can do that.

I’m also open to any sampler recommendations or deals from any of the sites.