What's new

Greetings from Wyoming

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Hello all.
Been here for a while now but it was pointed out that I forgot to post an introduction.

I'm 46, grew up in Michigan but left to join the navy in 2001. Was an avionics technician in the navy for 8 years, then went to work in the oilfields as an electronics technician here in Wyoming.
Really enjoy this forum. Lots of good people and lots of good information.

Been smoking Cigars for about 15 years now and and have read multiple books on them and still learn something new about them constantly.

Have somewhat recently switched to smoking cc's exclusively, as after doing so for 6 months, as I have been braching out in the cc world with new marcas and vitolas comprising the majority of my orders, I have apparently just lost my taste for nc's, even ones I used to love.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F14, F/A18 and EA6B
Roosevelt, Nimitz and Enterprise

What was your rate, and what year's were you in?
Always good to meet another sailor

Started as an AQ. Which was mainly radar, missle guidance. After a couple years they combined rates and made us all AT's. Which I assume you were? Then worked on more avionics systems...Was in from 89-96.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Started as an AQ. Which was mainly radar, missle guidance. After a couple years they combined rates and made us all AT's. Which I assume you were? Then worked on more avionics systems...Was in from 89-96.
Yeah, AQ was a little before my time by a few years. I did avionics in weapons systems and caution/advisory panels.
I loved the navy and would have gladly stayed 20+ years if I could have, but developed knee problems and had to get out after 8

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, AQ was a little before my time by a few years. I did avionics in weapons systems and caution/advisory panels.
I loved the navy and would have gladly stayed 20+ years if I could have, but developed knee problems and had to get out after 8

I enjoyed my time in for sure. Was ready to get out though. Had 2 years 2 days on my at sea counter...that was enough for me. Did 3 Westpac's and workups.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's cool. I never got to do a westpac. Spent all my time in the Persian gulf or the north Atlantic, and only went to England twice, all other ports always got canceled

Only got to do a short cruise on the Nimitz, and we didn't go to any ports.

Spent the majority of my time in the shitty north Atlantic watching the Russians and doing International exercises

Plus I was seaopdet, never ships company so I was only on a carrier when the airwing was

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from STL! I figured you for an OG who was just getting back to the forum, lol...

Wyoming is beautiful country... not sure I’d like it as much in the winter though

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from STL! I figured you for an OG who was just getting back to the forum, lol...

Wyoming is beautiful country... not sure I’d like it as much in the winter though
Winters are actually pretty mild here, especially compared to Michigan where I grew up.
Not very cold and little snow.
Only problem is that Wyoming always has some wind