What's new

Grilled Pizza

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Anyone else cooked grilled pizza. I have been doing the since last summer and I love it this way, and I hope to do one tonight as well.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Never have, just brick oven from the store, regular over at home.

Anything you have to do differently?

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Never have, just brick oven from the store, regular over at home.

Anything you have to do differently?
I usu get a dough from the store and roll it out to the desired shape. Brush a little olive oil on it and a little salt and pepper. Heat the grill to about medium heat and put the dough on the grill for about 3-4 min and flip it and then put what ever you want on it. And just let it warm up and melt your cheese.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
MMM just ate lunch but now I am hungry again. Sounds great

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Recipe please..
We do all kinds, just put some jared red sauce, extra garlic, herbs, cheese ect... you get the point just put on what you want to. Just be careful not to put big pices of stuff to heat up on there since the bottom will burn if left on there too long. Keep lifting it up with tongs and see ho the bottom is doing(Grilling the dough will only take about 3-4 min per side you will be able to feel to dough to see if it is soft and gooew or if it is getting firm.

Also I do a white pizza, olive oil, garlic, cheese, you get the point what ever you want on it and enjoy.

Prep work buy a dough from the store put it in a bowl with some olive oil to coat it and cover wit suran wrap and let it sit on the counter for about 5 hours to let it rise some. Then roll out the dough to desired shape, I am not a cook so I don't care what shape it comes out to be.

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Next time, try making the dough from scratch. It's wicked easy and tastes much better. The sauce is simple to do as well.

I used to make grilled pizza all the time at my old apartment on the gas grill. Now at the new place, I only have a mini weber space ship, and it's too small :(