What's new

Grilled Shrimp

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
How long do I cook a skewer(sp?) of shrimp on the grill and what do I season it with?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
DWavs said:
How long do I cook a skewer(sp?) of shrimp on the grill and what do I season it with?
mmm....Wrap it in bacon and don't worry about seasoning :thumbsup:

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any number of seasonings will work well with shrimp. Cajun/creole, curry, Thai, Old Bay, or plain old Season All. As mentioned, bacon is a winner and you could even drizzle on a little butter and/or lemon, to boot.

Here's a simple marinade that I use most often with pork but it works well with shrimp if you're looking for a somewhat bold flavor:

1 Tbsp freshly ground coriander
1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce

Toss your shrimp with the marinade to coat. You can cook immediately or let it marinate. I've never let it go more than an hour or so.

Shrimp are quick and easy cook on the grill...but are even easier to over-cook. Pinkness is a good indicator if your marinade doesn't mask the color. You're looking to cook it to the point at which the flesh just loses its translucency. It won't stand much heat after that before it starts to toughen up.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Shrimp can overcook very easily and get rubbery so just cook them until they start to pinken. When they lose 90% of the pink, remove them if they're wrapped in bacon and the bacon will continue to the shrimp the rest of the way. I'm not a chef, but I love shellfish.