What's new

GTA cigar dinner

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just got this email from LCDH. I'm thinking Im going to go, trying to convince a few guys from work to go as well. Could be a good opportunity to meet other GTA BOTL's.

La Casa Toronto is happy to invite you to the first cigar dinner of this
year, which will offer a tasting of some aged cigars and some of the latest
arrivals to the store, as follows:

Date: Wed April 27th, 6:00 PM
Place: Crème Brasserie, 162 Cumberland St. (around the corner from the
store)
Price: $155.00 (tax and gratuities included), for 3 premium Habanos and a
3-course dinner, as well as the opportunity of buying extra cigars during
the evening.

Cigars:
Partagas Serie D No. 3 Limited Edition 2001
H. Upmann Noella LCDH Edition 2010
Juan Lopez Seleccion No.4 Regional Edition Asia-Pacific 2010, rated 92 by C.A.
Menu:
Puree of butternut squash or Grilled octopus
USDA Striploin or Roast halibut
Cheese tasting

Please make your reservation and buy your ticket at La Casa.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Wow, if it was a weekend I would be in. It's on a Wednesday. Sounds like a blast.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Wow, if it was a weekend I would be in. It's on a Wednesday. Sounds like a blast.
Hey if you change your mind I know of a nice convenient spot that's about half way between your place and there that you are more than welcome to crash at for the night :smokingbo Keurig's on me :tiphat:

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just went today, and made my reservation.

The restaurant has a big outdoor, fully roofed patio in case of rain. Their obviously hoping for good weather, but even if its cool, the patio is equipped with propane heaters, that I'm told make it quite toasty.

I asked about inside, and the guy just gave me a smile. Not sure how to take it, but it looks like a nice set up regardless. Yorkville is very high end, so I doubt they let the crowd that regularly dine there in no less then luxury.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If I wasn't busted up right now I would be there! This is a great price for this event! Take pictures so I can live vicariously through you guys!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Here are the pictures from the GTA Cigar Dinner. First one is James (JNT) and the second me (wilfredsimpson). We got 3 cigars: Am amazing 2001 Partagas Serie D No. 3, which is smoking absolutely beautifully right now; a Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 4 Asia-Pacific Regional Edition 2010, which is a perfect example of the smokey cedar and earthy flavours of Juan Lopez; and an H. Upmann Noella that I don't think either of us smoked. We were told this is a really mild smoke suitable to a breakfast cigar.

The food its self was absolutely outstanding. Steak was just out of this world delicious, second only to the cigars. There were about 7 guys there and Andy, the manager of LCDH. It was great company, not the least of which was a great botl brother in JNT. Have to put in a second post for a few more pictures.

They do these about once a month over the summer months, maybe 5 times. This most definitely an event worht attending. I know I for one will definitely be going again some time.

Attachments

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for posting.

It actually was a really good deal/dinner. I just looked through the LCDH Toronto archives on their site, and was able to see all the 4-5 dinners from 2010. The prices were generally $20-50 more, and you only got two LE cigars. Considering we paid far less, and got three LE's, not bad at all.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
No. They have a portion of the patio, covered by the buildings overhang. After pissing rain all day, it turned into a gorgeous, warm evening. I was sweating in a sweater. My first cigar dinner, and after that experience, it wont be my last

You can see the spot in the back right of the photo.