What's new

Gurka

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just had a Gurka, I think it was a regent toro.

Very nice looking cigar with the strip of cedar wood surrounding the foot.

A long strong journey of a smoke, not what i was expecting at all. It was smooth but with some heavy hints of flavour. Smoked very easily and I had quite nicotine rush by the end. I'll have to have another just to try and get a full feel for this cigar but it was definitely a wee beastie of a chuff :devil:

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I recently had the opportunity to purchase a dozen of the Centurian XX's (Perfecto 6" x 60) for quite a bit less than MSRP. Never had tried a Gurkha before. I was impressed by the looks, label, draw and taste. Plan on taking a bit more time on the next one and posting a review. What is the general consensus of this line? Interesting write-up and presentation on their website. MSRP may be a bit steep per stick, but definitely not a dog by any means……

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Never had a Gurkha I didn't like.

CI had the Expedition Doble Maduros on sale a few months back and I picked up a few. IMO, they are the tastiest Gurkhas I've had. Deep, chocolate/espresso flavors, and it packs a whump.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
djs134 said:
I recently had the opportunity to purchase a dozen of the Centurian XX's (Perfecto 6" x 60) for quite a bit less than MSRP. Never had tried a Gurkha before. I was impressed by the looks, label, draw and taste. Plan on taking a bit more time on the next one and posting a review. What is the general consensus of this line? Interesting write-up and presentation on their website. MSRP may be a bit steep per stick, but definitely not a dog by any means……
If you got those on cbid, i'd suggest letting them sit for a while. Well the majority of them. Anything i've gotten off of there, mainly Gurkhas, needed at least couple months before they tasted good.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks for the heads up Poni. I got these from CI. It was a internet special for the week before Thanksgiving and they sold out in 20 hours. If I'd have known that they were as good as they turned out to be, I've have gotten a couple bundles.

The Expeditions sound good. Might pick up a few for these cold winter nights ahead. Have a couple bottles of 20 yr and a bottle of 30 yr Tawny Port and some Lagavulin looking for a friend......

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
The Regents and Legends are my favorite Gurkhas, and 2 of my favorite NC's aswell.