What's new

Gurkha Event Question

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Good morning boys.

There is a Gurkha event hosting K. Hansotia here in SE Michigan today at the Cigar Warehouse in Troy.

I have not had too much experience with the brand.

Can any of you gents advise me on what are the key sticks that are worth trying. I have only had a few. And so far, none really have impressed me.

Thanks for the advice.

WhiteLightning

This is WhiteLightning!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Scott,

I've enjoyed the Centurian Perfecto, The Class Regent line, as well The Legend line. I've got a Black Dragon but haven't tried it yet.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I liked the Class Regent OK, actually I really liked the first one I tried, then I bought a ten pack and they aren't as good.. I think the best Gurkha I have had has been the Legend Anniversario Perfecto, the other 2 perfectos I have had were not as good as that one, Royal Brigade and Centurian I think...

mnelson

Matthew
Rating - 98.3%
104   1   0
I liked the Class Regent OK, actually I really liked the first one I tried, then I bought a ten pack and they aren't as good.. I think the best Gurkha I have had has been the Legend Anniversario Perfecto, the other 2 perfectos I have had were not as good as that one, Royal Brigade and Centurian I think...
the class regents need about a year on them to be really good. I think you are talking about the one that i sent you when you say "I really liked the first one i tried" That one had about a year on it in the humi :grin:

Also the titan and beast are pretty good smokes.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I enjoy thier perfectos, the centurion the most, but the legend is good too. The G3 and G5 are really strong, but tasty, they have lots of ligero. There are plenty, but I do not like the conneticut shade wraped beauty as much.

oooo and the Ancient Warrior if you like a dark maduro almost oscuro wrapper.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
the class regents need about a year on them to be really good. I think you are talking about the one that i sent you when you say "I really liked the first one i tried" That one had about a year on it in the humi :grin:

Also the titan and beast are pretty good smokes.
Yep, I got my frst one from you and really enjoyed it, I will let the 8 I have left sit for a year and see how they do.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Been through a bunch of these. By and large, a solid brand. I've only had two or three that I wouldn't consider revisiting: Vintage, Expedition and Fuerte. The perfectos are by and large great and the construction is always top-notch (except for wrapper issues on Fuertes.)

Legend perfecto - 92
Centurian perfecto - 90
Black Puro Toro - 90
Nepalese Warrior - 89 - One of the few cammies that I always keep on hand
Master Select Robusto #4 - 89
Royal Brigade perfecto - 87
Triple Ligero - 85
Fuerte - XX....Really want to like this one -- tastes awesome. But I've had three and all three disintegrated badly. Not just a little split or canoe; two unravelled so bad I couldn't smoke them past first quarter - the third one was a mess but was able to work with it until within about an two inches of the band -- smoking a cigar shouldn't seem like work.

-dave

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Duh....almost forgot...

Had my first 'Crest' last night - had come in my Gurkha swag pkg...

Read good reviews on this, but it didn't do too much for me. Very good construction - good, if not great med-full flavor - sort of chewy, subtle spices, but not peppery. But, in the end it was just sort of boring. Maybe I was too tired or distracted, but this didn't quite grab me. I'll reserve any further judgement until I try another.

-dave

thecatmac

IS IN THE HOUSE!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK.....Where were you Hendy? Was there till 5p.m.

What did I get?

couple Avenger G5's
couple Regents
couple Shaggy's
couple Titan's

Even got a free hat to boot!

I am going to hit the G5 tomorrow. Burned a Shaggy there with the guys, real good smoke.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
OK.....Where were you Hendy? Was there till 5p.m.

What did I get?

couple Avenger G5's
couple Regents
couple Shaggy's
couple Titan's

Even got a free hat to boot!

I am going to hit the G5 tomorrow. Burned a Shaggy there with the guys, real good smoke.

Hey Tim

Had a family emergency pop up. Was there earlier today but did not pick up anything but a couple of SLR Serie G Mads.

Looks like you picked up a few.

Sorry I missed out and thanks to all you fine gents for the leads. I will have to get there over the weekend and grab a few of the suggested sticks.