Ring Gauge:
Country Manufactured: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Dominican Republic
Color: Maduro
Strength: Medium
Shape: Double Corona

This was part of a sampler and was rested 154 days @ 65%1003048D-C43D-474A-AD51-D70711D24ABD.jpeg1003048D-C43D-474A-AD51-D70711D24ABD.jpeg

Pre-Light: 15/20
Slightly oily and fairly smooth wrapper with visible veinage but not excessive. The pre-light aroma showed a very slight sweetness with prominent barnyard/manure aroma. The cap was well applied and cut cleanly.

Construction: 20/30
The wrapper was a nice dark maduro with uniform color. There were no soft spots and pre-light the construction appeared to be good however the draw was very tight at times having to triple puff to produce any substantial amount of smoke.

Lighting and Burn: 5/15
The foot took flame easily but there was an on going issue with the burn line wandering requiring numerous touch ups. It held about 1 inch of flaky gray ash before falling. At about the 3/4 mark it did not want to stay lit at which point I let it go out.

Flavor and Aroma: 10/35
There were not a lot of flavors here other than an earthiness and a bit of bitterness on the finish. I found no detectable sweetness usually associated with a Maduro wrapper.

Summary:
This cigar seemed to be more work than pleasure with the tight draw, lack of smoke production, and burn issues which resulted in my quitting on it about 3/4 in.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seams you would be hard pressed to find anything good on Gurkha cigars,
Sounds like you took one for the team with that review
Thanks
BTW I just ordered a 5 pack of AF 858 Madaro after your glowing review

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seams you would be hard pressed to find anything good on Gurkha cigars,
Sounds like you took one for the team with that review
Thanks
BTW I just ordered a 5 pack of AF 858 Madaro after your glowing review
Thank you butcher. I am honored that you put that much stock in my review. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. As for the Gurkhas, I am finding out that a lot of people have had issues from a quality perspective. I was always taught if you cant say anything nice about someone don’t say anything so ......................

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you butcher. I am honored that you put that much stock in my review. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. As for the Gurkhas, I am finding out that a lot of people have had issues from a quality perspective. I was always taught if you cant say anything nice about someone don’t say anything so ......................
Truth is I have been wanting to try some AF sticks for awhile now and your review was a Good excuse to go ahead and put in an order, and I wasn't sure where in the AF lineup to start so I'll start here! The review pushed me over the edge so to speak

Thanks for the time you put into your reviews.