What's new

Gurkha X-Fuerte Churchill

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Has any one tried the Gurkha X-Fuerte?

I bid on a five-pack of Churchills on C-Bid :devil: and it looks like I am going to win it.

Are they really very strong?

Link

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I've got some but have been afraid to try them. We were talking about them last night. From all the stuff I've heard they're not as strong as you would think, but they are very good.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
No, they're not strong. They're kinda spicy/peppery, but I wouldn't call them strong at all (regardless of the name).

If you win them and don't want them, I'll buy them from you. :yes:

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Todd, sorry to say brother, they are neither spicy nor are they X-Fuerte. I have smoked several Churchill and Torpedo Grande. When they first came out, they were very tasty indeed. Lot of smoke, good burn and a delicious medium smoke. I'm sure they were all made from one batch but it doesn't seem so to me. The wrapper is very delicate and unwraps at the most precarious moments. Leave the bands on until you absolutely have to take them off. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Gurkha fan and swear by the quality and flavor of the line. If you pick these up for around $3.50-$4.00 each, then you probably will have a very satisfactory smoke. I have about 12 Torpedo Grande percolating in the humi. I did pull one out this past week and found it so plugged that I tossed it after 5 minutes. To be fair, this can happen to any brand. I will give these a try this summer. When they are on, they are a fine smoke.

Sam

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I picked 12 or so of them up when CI had them on sale, and they're great sticks. Not a super-premium NC, but a very enjoyable smoke. Especially for the price.

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I kinda agree with Sam. A good cigar but not great. Not the Gurkha I expected.