What's new

H.Upmann PC 2016

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice medium brown wrapper with a slightly oily sheen to it. Couple smaller veins in the wrapper but no major flaws or issues.
Pre light draw is very good and flavor is salty sweet.
It takes about 1/2 -3/4 of an inch for this to really start coming together. Slightly sweet nutty flavors with that ever present saltiness on the palate. Aroma is sweet, smooth and sort of bread like. Hard to describe exactly. Retro is a sweet cedar. Smoke volume is also very nice.

Start of the 2nd third. Honied salted cashew with a bit of char. Retro and aroma still a smooth sweet cedar

Last 3rd was excellent. Little more burnt leaf on the finish maybe because I was smoking a little too fast. Overall though an excellent cigar. I was able to score a couple boxes a couple years ago and very happy I did. This line along with Partagas are 2 of my favorite brands from the island. Cohiba as well but they were getting to expensive long long ago even before the recent price increases.
Sad to see these discontinued. They were always a great go to smoke anytime of day. Medium strength and full flavor. Of course with todays price increases I wouldn't be buying them anyway.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As a bonus review I will add the H.Upmann half Corona from 2018

Just a quick review.
Starts off with a little Upmann sweetness and some burnt leave flavor as well. Retro is cedar.
Aroma is a sweet cedar, fairly smooth and very pleasant.

Nothing much changed until the very end. Burnt leaf became stronger and a little saltiness became present. Probably smoking this a bit to fast which I tend to do often. But the flavors are so good I just want to keep hitting it. Great quality tobacco on the finish as well.
My finger must be getting used to the heat because this nub is very small.
I like where these are at now but will like them more in another year or 2. I can tell they just need a little more time but overall a well made little smoke. Perfect for coffee or lunch break. Medium strength and great flavors all the way through. Can't ask for much more than that.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Big fan of the HC’s, but they take too long to come around. I had a literal ton of 2014 boxes that I almost gave up on the took years to get to a smokable place, but then couldn’t put them down. Nice review
I know what you mean. I scored 2 boxes of these a few years ago and haven't even bothered with them until now. 7 years seems to be about the beginning of the sweet spot.
And yes I am going to miss these when they are gone. :(.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I know what you mean. I scored 2 boxes of these a few years ago and haven't even bothered with them until now. 7 years seems to be about the beginning of the sweet spot.
And yes I am going to miss these when they are gone. :(.
most definitely. The price back in the day was too good not to stock up, even if they took forever to come around. It’s a fools errand at this point with the current prices to gather up more. All good things come to an end, there’s always another cigar to smoke.