What's new

Had an interview today

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Looks like I am going to be working part time at a web hosting company. It doesn't pay much, but I can use the money and experience. Oh and I can set up a server for free.

I can save up for a car or something and keep looking for something more lucrative in the meantime.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
sounds good josh. at this point, experience is most important. Send me the url to your resume.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
allanf said:
Good deal, congrats, have to begin somewhere....I guess this means we'll be seeing less of you?
Actually, if its slow at work I can load up the site. Most likely I will be working noon till 8pm it looks like, and when they need somebody to fill in for a shift.

This also lets me do any other job hunting during the mornings and days off, so it could work out well.

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news Josh...keep us updated on how it goes. Remember, everyone starts somewhere. Where you go with it is up to you.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Congrats Josh. I feel you about the job search. I finally laned a position back in April. The money is not where I want it to be, but the company is great and I am gaining tons of great experience and skills.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
That's great news Josh! As others have said it's all about gaining experience at this point. Keep looking for a better experience and remember, in general, that "it's easier to get a job when you have a job" so you're headed in the right direction.