What's new

Happy Birthday hoagie55

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!

I worked my butt off on my actual birthday, but Friday evening as very good to me! Here's how Friday evening went:

I went out to dinner with my beautiful wife, then we went to see Star Wars III, then back home to sample my very first farm rolled cigar!! Man was this cigar a GREAT experience!!

I grabbed a diet pepsi, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, my dog, and headed out to the patio for an hour and a half of bliss.

The appearance is the epitome of a cuban classic. There were no prevalent veins, it was very smooth, a had a nice rich carmel color to the wrapper.

The pre-light aroma was strait forward, in your face, classic cuban tobacco. Gotta love that barnyard aroma man!!!

The barnyard odor was VERY strong mixed with an earthiness aroma. The Palio cut the shaggy foot perfectly. I used my Colibri magnum torch to light it and it did so instantaneously.

The burn was perfect throughout the entire experience, although I did have to relight it several times as I had to go in and finish up my laundry.

This was a slightly loose roll, but I was told to expect that with the fresh farm rolled cigars. This did not detract too much from the smoking experience either, but I did find myself looking at the cigar unexpectedly several times due to the ease of draw.

The first 3rd of the cigar hit me with a bold tobacco taste with a nice strong "twang". I detected a creaminess to it that I was not expecting. I also was able to make out a slight nuttiness to it, but it was not strong enough nor did it last long enough for me to identify the nutty flavor. The other prevalent flavor that hit me was earthiness. I would say this was a medium bodied cigar with some really good flavors. This was one smooth cigar so far!!!

The cigar produced a nice volume of white smoke along with a white/gray ash of around 1.5 inches before it fell off.

The second 3rd of the cigar was pretty much strait forward tobacco with a slight creamy earthy flavor to it. The power picked up a bit and I thought I might be in store for a buzz, but it never got that strong. This is when I had to hang up and fold the clothes from the dryer and then move the clothes from the washer over. The entire time doing this, I had this wonderful flavor in my mouth which made me REALLY look forward to the rest of the cigar!!

The last 3rd of the cigar was just BLISS. I really do not know how to express this in words other than that. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar and really look forward to the few remaining ones I have!!

The entire night was just wonderful. My wife planned the entire night, which is HUGE for she hates planning anything outside of work. Dinner was great, the movie was awesome, the cigar was excellent, and the fact that I got to spend this time with my wife made it that much better! I truly am a lucky man when it comes to my wife.

I did not write any of this down, so I cannot give it a true rating, but I would say :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: out of :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Next time I smoke one I will sit down with pen and paper and give it a proper review. This night; however, was all about my personal enjoyment - BLISS!!!