What's new

Has anyone seen this?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
No ... but I wonder if he sells those rare "glass top" boxes on Ebay.

Always best to know your seller.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Those glass tops form the 90's are awesome! I hear they are plexiglass now....

Yes, best to know your seller, so thought I would just see if anyone maybe knows of this guy, has had any dialogue with him, etc.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd email the guy and see if you can meet at his house. A scammer would make excuses. A good guy will probably welcome the opportunity.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Yes, he hemmed and/or hawed at that idea.

Pretty sure this guy's a fake.

He's smooth, though. He's got a lot of knowlege on Havanas, which made me originally think he could be legit.

By the way...Cool name :)

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Looks like a virtual treasure trove of gifts from Uncle Fidel. Unfortunately, his actions seem suspect. Keep us posted!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I just sent himan email that a scammer would dream of.

" I'm new to cigars and want to try out some Cubans. Also I have several guys in the office who are foaming at the mouth to get some of these for X-mas presents. When can we meet up? I'm interested in 3-5 boxes most likely, depending on price."

I'll let you know what he says. Are there any specific questions I should ask?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
so here is his response

Hello David, no problem. I am in Santa Monica, but all boxes need to be delivered, because my wife won't allow me to bring people off Craigslist to our house. I have a nice walk-in humidor in our living room for entertainment. I built it myself with few friends. I have a very nice private colletion. Let me know what you need, and I will have my driver drop them off for you.
I have them all. From A-Z...Let me know pal...Thanks, Ray

I told him we could meet at a Strubucks with WiFi so I could chech the box codes online and have not heard back from him. Send his driver? I don't think so.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Yeah me either. If those are real, it only takes one person to send that to the wrong group of people and you are done. I'm sure trafficing that amount of sactioned goods is big trouble.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I thought he would shy away from meeting me to verify authenticity but here is his last reply.

Dear David, I completely understand your concern and at the same time respect that about you, because most people buy garbage off people while they don't know anything about cigars, and that makes people who sell fakes stay in business moving their fakes. I on the other hand have been collecting and smoking cigars for 15 years. I have nothing but real, authentic, and greade A quality boxes in my private collection, and if my collection wasn't getting out of hand, I wouldn't have want to lighten it up--not to mention my wife is driving me nutts!!!!

I would love to meet in a Starbucks or something and I will bring the box, and I will actually show you how to be able to detect the cosmetics for fakes, because many times you see the perfect box with the stamp and everything, but the content is fake. I will show you tricks to detect for those as well. What area you live in? What area you work in? I can bring all the boxes to a Starbucks or your place of business, and I can show you things. Let me know pal. Thanks, Ray

He also gave me a call.
After speaking with him, I think he has the real deal. However, HIS PRICES ARE WAY TOO HIGH!!! $300+ FOR Psd4? Seems a bit steep. He said he would drive down to my neck of the woods though

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Guys...Here's what he told me via email:
1) He gets his Havanas from friends who are diplomats.
2) They get the cigars at discounted prices, and "don't have to waorry about customs"
3) He consistently recieves boxes 6-9 months BEFORE they are due to be released into circulation.
3) He has a box of Vegas Robaina Regional Release from Asia Pacific...THERE IS NO SUCH CIGAR!
4) He will not let me into his house (understood---no problemo) BUT he will not send a pic of this gigantic humi he has built into his living room.

I have a lot of skepticism!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
By the way...Thanks for looking into this on the behalf of all of us! If this is a gold mine, great. If not, we are helping each other out by uncovering a scam :)

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
3) He has a box of Vegas Robaina Regional Release from Asia Pacific...THERE IS NO SUCH CIGAR!

I have a lot of skepticism!

When I told him I could find PsD4 for $200 a box online, he said "well I don't know what kind of quality you are getting for $200" Then he went into how a lot of the stuff he had was collectors items and most people havn't seen them. Then he sarted listing a bunch of stuff that may or may not be real, what do I know about collector edition smokes? I was really only interested in a couple of boxes and he is way over priced.