What's new

Has anyone used a mini barrel as a humidor?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
At a bourbon/cigar pairing and speaking with a friend who suggested that he uses a recycled mini barrel as a humidor. The barrel will impart a slight bourbon taste to the cigars he stores.

This got me thinking, has anyone ever stored cigars in a new, plain white oak or charred oak barrel? I'm not necessarily looking for the whisky infusion but I'm curious if the cigars will pick up a bit of the oak from the barrel?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm with Ryan, I wouldn't do fresh charred. And white oak has a fairly distinct smell that I'm not sure would compliment as well as Spanish cedar.
I'd be most inclined to do like the other guy, use one that had bourbon in it, and just put sticks in it that I thought might benefit from those notes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this would be sweet. I see fullsize barrels listed all the time. Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to find a small keg sized one and turn it into a humi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'd be most inclined to do like the other guy, use one that had bourbon in it, and just put sticks in it that I thought might benefit from those notes.
I'd store some regular cigars in there along with some Kuba Kubas, and post the results as gospel.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well the guy was a Miami fireman so his sinuses are probably inured to burn't wood smells and a charred whiskey barrel added just the right amount of flavor to cheap cigars.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't have storage problems, just floating an idea given to me by a fellow BOTL

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A lot of people make Cigars I say what is this made. Because other people love them. Their is one Brad many people go nuts over, I have maybe has 5 or 6 of the guys different blends, not would I purchase again. But they are in vogue to many. Her has a big line of followers, I not getting in that line.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Ahem. I'll take a whack at it. "Sometimes people may wonder why a particular cigar (that they don't like) is made, but other people may have different tastes. Drew Estate makes infused and flavored cigars that are very popular. I've tried several myself but probably won't buy any more... not to my liking."

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Ahem. I'll take a whack at it. "Sometimes people may wonder why a particular cigar (that they don't like) is made, but other people may have different tastes. Drew Estate makes infused and flavored cigars that are very popular. I've tried several myself but probably won't buy any more... not to my liking."