What's new

have to start somewhere

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
This is my 1966 Chevy chevelle. Got it from my uncle when I was 17. I'm finally have time and a semi decent job so can start messing with it. My plan is to get it back running right( I have a good 350 sitting if needs be), then rebuild the suspension, then attack the body.

The engine is a 283 v8 that has been bored .030 over, mild can, headers, and a retuned 2bbl carb. I had it running good a year ago so hopefully nothing bad just to get started.

The suspension is what you would think for a 66. Needs entire rebuild all bushings, bearings and so on. I have put on new shocks on the front and air shocks in the rear ( they were free! So don't hate).

The body. Rust in the fenders, doors, quarter panels and in the trunk. Floors and roof are good. I have saved this for last because it will take the most work, time and money. And I don't have a mig gun yet.

One day I hope to have this car repainted back to the factory lite blue, black interior, 383 stroker, and be proud of her. I'm the third owner of this car. So will see......

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Nice. I always loved Chevelles. My mom had a 68 and a 69 SS. Remains one of my favorite lineage in domestic muscle. Best wishes in getting her back on the road!

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Just a update. I got her running no problem. A little smoke but that's OK for now. Have to patch a trans line that have a pin hole.

And thanks for the comment! Hope she will be driving by spring.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
NICE! I love Chevelles. I will be following this build myself!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Nice! My father had one when he was younger and we both still regret that he sold it to get a "family car". This "Family" would have loved to inherit a Chevelle... Grumble... Grumble... Look forward to seeing what you do to her.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Well a old thread but I got some work done on her. Got the front suspension torn out, waiting on bushings and ball joints to come in. Going to modify the stock drum spindles to take disc. When I'm done with the front I will have a power disc brake setup. Will be using factory parts. After that I will be rebuilding the rear suspension and brakes.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Got some parts in today. Upper and lower ball joints, upper and lower a arm bushings, sway bar bushings, end links, and caliber mounting brackets.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I will try ;). I hope to have the suspension knocked out before winter is in full swing. I don't have a shop so this is being done outside.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Cool car man, I had a buddy in high school that had a yellow 67. We took that damn thing everywhere, we had a lot of fun in that car. I believe he had a stock 327 in it and some flowmasters.