What's new

Haven't had an investment thread in a while?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
After taking advantage of last winter's down market and some nice rates on Government bonds/bills I'm trying to get an idea of where things are going. Do any of you see opportunity in today's market or is now the time to hold a bit of cash for something you see on the horizon?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After taking advantage of last winter's down market and some nice rates on Government bonds/bills I'm trying to get an idea of where things are going. Do any of you see opportunity in today's market or is now the time to hold a bit of cash for something you see on the horizon?
I suck at investing long term. I played around with day trading, but it seemed like every time I doubled my money I gave the profits back plus a little bit. Eventually I just gave up because it felt like a really convoluted way to blow up the account.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Play is fun but too stressful for me when it's with Wifey's retirement $s! Plus any money you make with short term trades have tax liabilities so you're fighting Uncle Sam and the market.

Wife has a whole different reaction when I say we blew 4 G on a cruise instead of I blew 4 Grand on Pets.com or Enron

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always good to assess your investment strategy from time to time. The market is ever-changing, and opportunities can arise even in uncertain times. Some investors prefer to hold some cash for potential opportunities, while others actively invest.
To make informed decisions, you might consider consulting with a prop trading firm routing. They can provide insights into market trends and potential opportunities that align with your financial goals.
Ultimately, it depends on your risk tolerance and investment objectives. So, take your time to evaluate your options and make choices that suit your financial situation.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hmmm slow housing market, de-flation in some sectors, hints of rate cuts next year, fuel prices down, almost full employment, a recession that seems to have not materialized, nearing all time highs for some stocks

What say you?

Maybe time to transition some of your short term money into bonds, growth stocks into high dividend paying stocks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last winter's market was a rollercoaster, no doubt. I hear you are on the hunt for opportunities. Here's the scoop – some folks are keeping a chunk of cash on the side, waiting for that perfect moment to jump back in. It's like a poker game. You gotta know when to hold 'em, right? But here's an idea to spice things up: alternative investments. These can be a game-changer for diversifying your portfolio. Think real estate, cryptocurrencies, or even startup ventures. They might offer some juicy potential gains.