What's new

Hawaiian treat

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A coworker whose family has lived in Hawaii recently came to visit her. They brought some delicious coffee with them even though its already ground, Kona Mocha. So far I had two cups at a pretty light brew and the smell is fantastic. The flavor has a tropical undertone to it and I am really digging it. Anyone else had this stuff before? Any thoughts? I hear they make K-cups of the stuff too.

Edit:

Also noticed that the BB or Tapatalk didn't upload my photo. Darn.

Here's a shot of the actual stuff, not mine but the same.

65101.jpg

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
good kona is one of THE iconic coffees! yum! as a caveat, "kona roast" and "kona blend" can mean all sorts of things, down to like 5% actual kona beans. hawaii is working on tightening the strictures on the labeling and appellation process, but there are people trying to get you to overpay by using misleading language. if you look, buy from someone you trust, and who knows WTF they are talking about.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
good kona is one of THE iconic coffees! yum! as a caveat, "kona roast" and "kona blend" can mean all sorts of things, down to like 5% actual kona beans. hawaii is working on tightening the strictures on the labeling and appellation process, but there are people trying to get you to overpay by using misleading language. if you look, buy from someone you trust, and who knows WTF they are talking about.
Dont worry about Kona anymore. There is a better coffee from the Big Island of Hawaii:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremium/20120514__New_bean_serves_to_enliven_region.html?id=151336015

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the info. This was actually just a blend; too bad. I usually don't go for the flavored types either, but it smelled too good.

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the info. This was actually just a blend; too bad. I usually don't go for the flavored types either, but it smelled too good.
Yes that is a blend and readily found in Hawaii. However, if you like it thats all that matters in the end. If nothing else, it is a great change of pace coffee and I imagine goes nicely with a cigar!!! :ccool: