What's new

Hawkan's Mystery Stick

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
A couple of weeks ago brudda Hawkan laid some seriuos smack down on Newtland. :smt062

Contained in the smack was a very nice looking unbanded Corona. I PM'd Hawkan and among other things I asked "what is the mystery cigar" :smt102

To wich he replied... "eat a big dinner, sit down and smoke it, then be sure to tell me what you thought of it." :smt076 Damnit... the delayed pain :smt090

So... Tonight I have and am doing just that, big dinner... Check. Good coffee (roasted by me) Check. Good companionship in the form of good 'ol chippy... CHECK

Construction: very good, very smooth and oily... one very fine looking cigar :)

On cutting this cigar the pre draw on this cigar meant unfortunatly that I was in for trouble, it was plugged. The few notes that I could taste were woody and earthy.

I lit it anyways (I'll be damned if I'm going to give up on anything Hawkan sent me all the way from unda... heh... I said fromunda... anyways.. sorry) The draw was deffinatly going to need to be delt with. The good news is that Chippy cleans like any man that I know so there happened to be a nice bamboo skewer waiting for me next to my chair.

I unfortunatly wont be able to provide decent review for the first half of the cigar as I spent most of the time poking and prodding and skewering this cigar.

The second half however this cigar finnally started to open up... DAYUM. I started to taste earthy, woodsy and some salt... And continueslly getting stronger and stronger.

Chippy was pointing and laughing at this point as I never comment that a cigar is strong as I find that quite attractive in a cigar. This was a strong cigar and very very enjoyable after getting through the pluggedness of it.

My guess though... I'm going to say this was a RAC, reminded me very much of the RASCC wich is a great cigar as well.

All in all, a wonderfull night with a great cigar that ended very well. :smt033

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What's up AIZ!!!! :)

GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! :)
Hawkan has been on vacation so I havent yet found out what it was, I'm convinced that it was a RAC though. It would be a good cigar for you, great strong body :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got ya Newt..... It wasn't a RA at all.....it was a RYJ Cazadores -97... so the age have mellowed it somewhat and brought forth some of the underlying nuances that normally due to strenth is not revieled when smoking a young one...

Glad you enjoyed it after the intitial plugness (if that is a word). Now fire up some of those other beuties... I wanna hear a review of the H.Upmann millenium edicion mareva specially commissioned for the club cupid habanos dinner in -98!!!!!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Interesting.... very interesting....

I have some 04 Caz's that are sunk in the bottom of the humi... I could have sworn this was shorter than that.

Stout little bastid though

Thank you thank you either way for letting me try it, wonderfull with some age on it and if that's what I have to look forward to papa is a happy man

As for the Upmann.... I dont know man... I'll get to but I'm still cherishing having it as the "crown" of the humi right now

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting.... very interesting....

Quote Newt: "I could have sworn this was shorter than that.
Stout little bastid though"

-Are you suggesting that mine is bigger then yours??? Ha ha ha ha