What's new

HdM Petit Robusto

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
HI folks. Looking for some with experience with this little guy. Had one today at lunch that was gifted to me from a fellow BOTL who I can't recall at the moment (that list is at home) and I was wondering where these might be in their "evolution" right now. Possibly in sick period? Very mild, not so tasty smoke. Just curious if it was just me or maybe I just smoked it at the wrong time.

Thanks!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Too me it tastes like a small Epi #2. Not sure about aging, but i enjoy these little suckers.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've had a couple and liked them quite a bit. They're on my "to buy" list. Though I'm certainly no expert, I think that these will age well. Like the Prince said, I'd try another, maybe you just got a bad one.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I thought these were an average cigar. Just too young to really tell right now. I sold most of mine off as I don't have enough time to smoke that many cigars. Try another, it might have been just that one.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I likes 'em. Don't find them mild either. I especially enjoyed them on cold evenings when I felt like a robusto, but didn't have the time.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Kind of what I figured. That's why I posted this Prince, don't like writing off cigars after one tasting. Every thing I read on this was saying I had a dud so I'll figure that and move on. I just really like the size as a lunch smoke.

Was just very surprised by the tastelessness of it with that dark wrapper. I'll put it on the "try-again" list : )

Mr.OneNineDoubleDeuce

The Machine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree in that they are a "kicked up" version of the hoyo line. Not strong, but not mild like most hoyo's tend to be. Great flavor on these. If you can get your hand on some from august (original release I believe) they are smoking great right now.

I just split another box of these with a friend. I love'em. Great size and a good smoke.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm glad to see so many positive responses to this vitola. My two experiences with the cigar were less than spectacular and I’ve been hesitant to try again. I’ll be overseas for a while in a couple of weeks, so maybe I’ll give another one a try then.

Christofer

Helluva Habano Herfer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tastes great....less filling.

I love 'em; they need a little age but the potential is there.
Most people complain that they are too small...not everyone
likes a diadema! I like them. They are not mild at all?

CHris

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I must be in minority, I didn't like the ones I have tried much.. from day dot.
I have tried one every so often to see how they develop as I didn't want to write them off being so young when I first tried one... I do not find enough underlying flavours that will make it a winner for the long ageing and I don't really like the overly peppery profile it has now... I keep them just in case they turn some magical corner and change dramatically. As they are now, I would like them to how monte c was when it first came out but without monte c's underlying flavours that can emerge over time. I am not implying that monte c and hdm pr have the same flavours but seems to have the same young harshness about them.. and so far I haven't seen the hdm pr redeem itself in the same way the monte c now is doing...

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The first two of these that I had were great but the next one was off so I have not had one in a while. I'll have to try one tonight and see if it was a fluke.

Slammer

arf arf
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am considering the bad one I had a fluke. smoked one of these last night and it was as good if not better that I remember it being the first time I had one. My only complaint is the wrapper is awfully thin and fragile and they don't last long enough.