What's new

Heading across the pond! Recommendations?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My wife and I are taking a 12 day mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon in June and I have every intention of stopping at the LCDH in Rome. What are some relatively affordable sticks you guys recommend for me to try while I’m over there? (Think $20 range give or take a little)

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I was there in October and got some HU Connie As and PL Picadores at pretty reasonable prices. There was actually quite a bit you could get for $15-20 per stick. You can go online to the Fincato Rome website: http://www.fincatolacasadelhabano.com/ and get their price list. Since you're not going until June '18 make sure that you get the 2018 price list when it comes out. The current one on the website is the 2017 edition.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was there in October and got some HU Connie As and PL Picadores at pretty reasonable prices. There was actually quite a bit you could get for $15-20 per stick. You can go online to the Fincato Rome website: http://www.fincatolacasadelhabano.com/ and get their price list. Since you're not going until June '18 make sure that you get the 2018 price list when it comes out. The current one on the website is the 2017 edition.
Thank you so much! This is perfect. Now I have plenty of time to set some cash aside.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Seems Estanco is the official LCDH shop in Barcelona
Calle Llull, 233-239. Barcelona
Barcelona. 8005
Spain
Prices in Spain are government regulated so they are the same at all tobacconists, cheapest of any country in the world outside of Cuba

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If I have any concerns of authenticity I’ll post pics here so the real cigar pros can let me know what I’m getting myself into.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Regarding your question about what to buy, definitely look for any Spanish or Italian Regional Editions that are only sold in those countries. Look for a 2nd red band.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bolivar and ERDM have been towards the top of my list to try for a while now so hopefully I come across some REs.
Regarding your question about what to buy, definitely look for any Spanish or Italian Regional Editions that are only sold in those countries. Look for a 2nd red band.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Take a good supply of your own sticks and grab a few in Spain. I also recommend taking a boveda pack or two as some if the European sticks I've picked up seemed pretty dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Unfortunately, the LCDH in Rome said they're out of the Italian regionals and don't expect any more to be shipped to them.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Unfortunately, the LCDH in Rome said they're out of the Italian regionals and don't expect any more to be shipped to them.
He's going in June, the new one (if there is) could be out by then.