What's new

Heading back to the ROK

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Those who know me know I'm in the Air Force...well, today I received a new assignment to Osan AB in Korea. 1 year remote tour. This sucks on a multitude of levels...first and foremost being having to leave my wife and boys for a year, but also leaving behind some of the great brothers here in AZ that I've gotten to know. At least I'll have internet and this great website to keep tabs on all you guys.

Now I gotta start searching out some websites that will ship smokes to an APO address.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
don't drink the Soju or eat too much Yaki Man Do :) Seriously though travel safe and I hope the year flys bye quickly. Been there and done that same one myself once or maybe twice.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Oh man, I did a short tour over there. Only I was at Camp Casey. Just concentrate on the first six months and then come home on leave for a couple weeks. When you get back you'll have less than six months to go. Stay away from the soju houses and gaegogi stands...I did kind of like the kimchi though, that stuff will clear your sinuses right up. Safe travels brother.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Sorry to hear that, hope you stay safe over there and thank you for your service! How much time do you have before you have to leave?

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I don't leave until September, so I got some time. I've been there before (but down at Kunsan) so I know all the ins and outs...though it has been almost 12 years since my last trip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
1st thank u for ur service. 2nd time will pass fast. Good luck n stay safe Brother......

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Soju and winter kimchi! Yum!

Stay away from gaegogi... Yuck!

Sucks to be away from family dude... But I sure do love the ROK...