What's new

Heads Up Michigan Peeps

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Thx for posting this have you bought off of here before? Are there a lot of snipers?
I have bought a few things...and most have been great deals. Deals like this where the item is NOT going to their warehouse, you will get a much better price.

As for snipers. If you bid in the last 5 minutes, then the item gets extended 5 minutes. So yes, there are people that bid in the end, but you get time to put your bid in.

I would imagine this will not go for too much. Unless you get in a bidding war with another brother, lol.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I have bought a few things...and most have been great deals. Deals like this where the item is NOT going to their warehouse, you will get a much better price.

As for snipers. If you bid in the last 5 minutes, then the item gets extended 5 minutes. So yes, there are people that bid in the end, but you get time to put your bid in.

I would imagine this will not go for too much. Unless you get in a bidding war with another brother, lol.
Thanks

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Ohh forgot to note guys, this will most likely be at someone's house...so if you do win it. Plan accordingly, they usually won't have help for you to move it. So bring a buddy. Sometimes winners for other items will help carry, but just be safe bring a buddy.

HAHA didn't mean for this to be a bidding war either. Y'all should just PM each other prior to bidding.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Ohh forgot to note guys, this will most likely be at someone's house...so if you do win it. Plan accordingly, they usually won't have help for you to move it. So bring a buddy. Sometimes winners for other items will help carry, but just be safe bring a buddy.

HAHA didn't mean for this to be a bidding war either. Y'all should just PM each other prior to bidding.
They offer a shipping option.... or is they a mistake on the website ?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey guys, I am not sure I am going to bid after all, I created an account on the site and looked at the item, it states pickup is July 6th from 1 to 4 pm with nothing about alternate times available. I work in accounting with a very short monthly close and might not be able to swing taking what will be three hours off that day, so it could be a no go. I'll play around with this site later and see if there is somebody to message about a different time to make it doable.

I pm'd Tony what I would be max bidding, anybody else interested let me know what your max would be, if it's more there's no reason for me to bid and just drive it up to that price and vice versa.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Hey guys, I am not sure I am going to bid after all, I created an account on the site and looked at the item, it states pickup is July 6th from 1 to 4 pm with nothing about alternate times available. I work in accounting with a very short monthly close and might not be able to swing taking what will be three hours off that day, so it could be a no go. I'll play around with this site later and see if there is somebody to message about a different time to make it doable.

I pm'd Tony what I would be max bidding, anybody else interested let me know what your max would be, if it's more there's no reason for me to bid and just drive it up to that price and vice versa.
The times are difficult to deal with. I have contacted EBTH before about delaying pick up. A lot of times when stuff is directly purchased from a house there is no alternate time, but I assume it would not hurt to try. Be careful though, if you do not pick up the item for the given time, then they will need to ship the item. Something this large though they may be able to work with you.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
With the thread title of " Heads Up Michigan Peeps" I was hoping for a Michigan herf with some grillin' action, not a damn auction! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey! Yes I did get the cabinet at $325, picked it up yesterday, just fit in the back of my car. It seems to be in good working order and cosmetically very clean. Oddly, the glass top doesn't seem to be affixed in any way other than a slight pressure fit in to the wood. The glass actually fell out on to the ground when loading it but thankfully didn't break. I dont know how well the glass fitting in that way will hurt the seal but I am not too concerned. I had emailed the manufacturer about specs prior to bidding to determine if I could even get it in my car/load it myself but there was a couple of guys from everything but the home there and one helped me carry it. I carried it myself to the basement at home and scraped the walls a couple of times, haha.

I am looking to get replacement wicks from Avallo for the humidity canisters as the ones in the unit have a little mold or mildew or something, once I get that it's seasoning and loading up time. It will be nice to get from 8 Tupperware containers and two desktops down to one high class unit.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, even if maybe I wasn't the Michigan peep you may have had in mind, especially since I am a Buckeye, haha.

Oh yeah, and the homeowner was there when I picked it up and he is a cc guy, gave me a one of the hdm limited editions to take, plan to light it up this weekend if weather permits.

Last edited: