What's new

Heartfelt Beads question

Aberlour

Another wee dram, please.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to start a new thread on this, but I've tried to post this as a reply to the sticky Heartfelt Beads FAQ above and for some reason it won't show up.

Are the Heartfelt Beads similar to the Climmax humidification beads? Several years ago I purchased the Climmax Premier humidification system (shoulda seen the looks I got at the office when I received a package from "Climmax") which contained "modified amorphous silica gel" humidification beads.

It seemed to work for a while, but after several months the RH just wouldn't remain stable. Perhaps because the instructions stated that plain tap water could be used to recharge the system, the beads plugged up. Anyway, the system received good reviews and recommendations, but I don't think Climmax is doing business any longer. I'm back with a Credo, however, I'm looking for something other that a PG system for my desktop humidor. It's a 50 size Dunhill, made by Daniel Marshall, with the two brass top vials (practically useless for humidification), so it's a solid humidor, but I don't have a lot of room to spare. I'm thinking the Boveda Humidipaks for simplicity, or possibly the Heartfelt Beads if they are significantly different from the Climmax system.

Bob

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
use the heartfelt beads. If you have the Climmax case thats shown in your picture, you should be able to refill it with the Heartfelt beads. Also wouldnt be a bad idea to supplement the beads with a couple of Bovedas. Both are 2 excellent products that will only help your cigars when used together. Can you use each seperately? sure, but they will work even better when used together.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
same thing happened with mine.. refilled it with tap water like a dumbass cause I did not have any distilled.. i am with beads now..

Aberlour

Another wee dram, please.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the comments. And Ron, I'm really coveting one of the Avallo cabinets. I'll probably be calling or emailing sometime soon, so I can be in position after paying, "cough, hack, wheeze," Uncle Sam his cut.