What's new

Heartfelt Variance

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. I have 4 Heartfelt 65% tube in my wineador and am getting variances in the RH. The bottom is reading 63-64%, the middle is reading 68-69%, and near the top I’m getting 66-67%. The hygrometers are calibrated and the tubes are dry. Is this much of a variance normal with the Heartfelt? Any recommendations?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There is that much variance in the wine cooler. How much do you run your ancillary fans?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are you able to see a change in humidity between top and bottom when the fan is running. Temperature can vary between the top and bottom of the wineador and it is not uncommon to have humidity differences. If it is a concern just swap shelves around occasionally. I see it in my NewAir but I've learned not to sweat it to much and very rarely do I have burn problems with my cigars.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Are you able to see a change in humidity between top and bottom when the fan is running. Temperature can vary between the top and bottom of the wineador and it is not uncommon to have humidity differences. If it is a concern just swap shelves around occasionally. I see it in my NewAir but I've learned not to sweat it to much and very rarely do I have burn problems with my cigars.
Same. I use boveda and notice the same stuff. No big deal.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t see much of a change when the fan runs. I’m not to concerned about the variances. The lower one is where my singles are and the higher ones are where my boxes are. I just wanted to see if this was a common occurrence and what the variance can be with Heartfelts. Thanks Boudie.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wouldn't think there is a big difference between the Heartfelts. Think about how temperature, air flow, the cigars, the cedar all affecting humidity. There is probably as much error in your hygrometers as anything else. Right now the top of my NewAir reads 68% and 66 degrees, the bottom reads 66% and 64 degrees using 65% Bovedas. My unit has been set up for over a year and has two computer fans that run for 10 min every two hours. If they are smoking good and you don't have mold or persistent cracking problems you're all set!