What's new

Hello from Chicago!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Jim here from Chicago!

I don't remember how I stumbled across your community, but from what I can tell in the last hour it seems like a great place to be!

A bit about me. I'll be 30 in less than 2 months and I'm an electrical engineer living in this "glorious" big city. I smoked my first cigar with a friend when I was 14, he took a Cuban from his father which resulted in a swift beating and I've been hooked ever since. Throughout the years, I've had cheap cigars here and there, but this year's beautiful summer brought me back to cigars. No more cheapos. Some of my favorites this far are Liga Privada Unicos, Rocky Patel Decades, AF Hemmingways, and a nice short Asylum Premium when I need a quick smoke. For now I buy and try a lot of singles to try and key in on more cigars to my likings.

Lately I'm on a kick to try an Opus X to see what the fuss is about, but having a hard time finding any singles except the Lost City. Other than that, I haven't crossed many I dislike except for the mild taste of Padron 1964s. Sorry Padron lover's.

Anyways, just a short long intro, hoping to cross some great people and keep on learning!

Thanks for having me!
Jim

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome from deep in the mountains! Nice to meet you Jim! Glad to have you here. There seems to be quite a few brothers here in or from Chicago.
Look around, you're sure to find lots of great info and entertainment here. :D

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Welcome from the Western 'burbs, Jim. Big Hawks fan as well.

I was in the Cigar Lounge in Schaumburg a couple weeks ago and they had a few open boxes of different Opus vitolas. I am supposed to meet a buddy there tomorrow, I'll see what they have....I do know the one I bought was kinda pricey.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from the Western 'burbs, Jim. Big Hawks fan as well.

I was in the Cigar Lounge in Schaumburg a couple weeks ago and they had a few open boxes of different Opus vitolas. I am supposed to meet a buddy there tomorrow, I'll see what they have....I do know the one I bought was kinda pricey.
Definitely wasn't hard to tell from the icehog name (y) I've never been there, but maybe I should make a trip. I actually don't know much about what's in the area, as far as lounges I should try out or some stores with great selections. I do most of my purchasing online or actually I've had great luck finding some of the rarer Ligas at Binnys. Any suggestions??

EDIT: Rebuilt '96 Sporty here, whatcha riding?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Thanks! Not too familiar with lounges or shops in the area. Have any recommendations? Good cigar selections, comfy lounges, etc. NW burbs included
None by me really. . . Obviously there is Casa Montecristo, but that's almost an hour away for me.
Used to be one by Woodfield mall, but it's either closing or already closed. La vita in st Charles, but still a solid 30+ min drive for me. Been pretty happy with Binnys selections - each one seems to be slightly different

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Definitely wasn't hard to tell from the icehog name (y) I've never been there, but maybe I should make a trip. I actually don't know much about what's in the area, as far as lounges I should try out or some stores with great selections. I do most of my purchasing online or actually I've had great luck finding some of the rarer Ligas at Binnys. Any suggestions??

EDIT: Rebuilt '96 Sporty here, whatcha riding?
Besides The Cigar Lounge in Schaumburg, Arlington Pipe & Cigar in Arlington Heights often has some Opus. I also buy the vast majority of my cigars on-line, but try to support my local shops when I can.

I have a '99 Wide Glide, drag bars, Badlander seat, 6" extended forward controls, Stage IV kit, custom paint this year. Wish it was still riding weather here.