What's new

Hello from Knoxville, TN

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
My name is Sean from Knoxville, TN. I'm relatively new to the cigar hobby, been smoking cigars on and off since 2013, but recently just got back into it. I'm your typical "newbie" smoker as I enjoy more of the infused/flavored cigars such as the Java, Tabak Especial, and the Nub coffee infused line. I do enjoy regular cigars but am still not able to discern flavors from them as most do. I am a big fan of anything Drew Estate, flavored and their regular lines, as well as Romeo y Julieta, AJ Fernandez, and Punch. I am wanting to try a lot of different boutique brands but they are a bit harder for me to find here in the Knoxville area. I work in Law Enforcement and just recently got married. I am also wanting to get into the hobby of whiskey as I believe whiskey will pair well with cigars, please let me know if you have any experience with this as I would love to learn! I look forward to learning from all of you guys and having great discussions.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The forum lives to help you answer these questions! Everybody has their favorite pairings so there is so much to learn. Whiskey, rum, coffee, tea, wine, beer you'll find everyone likes something a bit different. Best way to learn is to try them. Pulling flavors from non-infused cigars takes time and a developed palate. Make the commitment and you'll find what you like.

Great first post, I look forward to reading more from you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The forum lives to help you answer these questions! Everybody has their favorite pairings so there is so much to learn. Whiskey, rum, coffee, tea, wine, beer you'll find everyone likes something a bit different. Best way to learn is to try them. Pulling flavors from non-infused cigars takes time and a developed palate. Make the commitment and you'll find what you like.

Great first post, I look forward to reading more from you.
Thanks so much for the reply! I definitely look forward to learning the different pairings that people enjoy. I also look forward to being able to distinguish the different flavors I hear people talk about in cigars.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Haha, welcome from an hour east! There's some good shops with good selections in Ktown. Cigars and spirits.
Bourbon goes great with some cigars, as do other drinks as Boudie mentioned. Root beer strangely goes very well with many. I also smoke a lot with coffee, tea, and a good beer.
Start reading through some of the threads here and you'll be amazed at the amount of good info. (y)
Beginner tip, don't buy large quantities as your tastes will change surprisingly quickly.
As far as tasting, smoke one while focusing on it, then go read reviews to see what flavors they noticed, then smoke another later.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, welcome from an hour east! There's some good shops with good selections in Ktown. Cigars and spirits.
Bourbon goes great with some cigars, as do other drinks as Boudie mentioned. Root beer strangely goes very well with many. I also smoke a lot with coffee, tea, and a good beer.
Start reading through some of the threads here and you'll be amazed at the amount of good info. (y)
Beginner tip, don't buy large quantities as your tastes will change surprisingly quickly.
As far as tasting, smoke one while focusing on it, then go read reviews to see what flavors they noticed, then smoke another later.
Yes I have been to only 2 different shops here in Ktown but both with very good selections. Haven't been to any spirits stores here but plan on going in the coming months. My current favorite pairing is a Java with a nice caramel drizzle coffee. Nice and smooth and easy on the pallet. Yeah I believe I have made a few "mistakes" by buying about 3 boxing outside of just a few bundles, 5 packs, and 10 packs plus multiple singles from the local B&M. I am definitely checking out the multiple threads on here. I'm a YouTube fanatic and spend my time watching lots of reviews and pairings, seems to help me choose which cigars to try. I will take that advice into account next time I smoke one. Thanks so much!

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Welcome from Detroit, be sure to check out the review threads and the today’s smoke thread.
I’ve noticed everyone here has been great and very willing to help whenever questions have been asked.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Detroit, be sure to check out the review threads and the today’s smoke thread.
I’ve noticed everyone here has been great and very willing to help whenever questions have been asked.
I will for sure! I'll have to go slow as there is SO much information on here. It can be a little overwhelming at first! Ha but it seems everyone is certainly very kind and willing to lend a helping hand!

Rating - 92.9%
20   1   0
Welcome from Alabama! If you're pairing with whiskey, you could do worse than taking a tour of the Jack Daniels still - I've toured it twice, and I plan to visit again. It's a fun tour, although they can't give you any samples.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Alabama! If you're pairing with whiskey, you could do worse than taking a tour of the Jack Daniels still - I've toured it twice, and I plan to visit again. It's a fun tour, although they can't give you any samples.
I'll have to check it out. That seems like it would be pretty fun for sure! I enjoy checking out the Ole Smokey Moonshine distillery as well. They do give you samples before you buy! Pretty cool.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome to BOTL from Minnesota @Psfan23 :D

I haven't been to Knoxville for a couple of years now but the last time I was there I went to Silo cigars. I thought it was a damn good B&M with a nice atmosphere and good selection.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I haven't been to Knoxville for a couple of years now but the last time I was there I went to Silo cigars. I thought it was a damn good B&M with a nice atmosphere and good selection.
Unfortunately Silos closed down. One of my fellow Officers actually used to work their and he tells me it was a good shop to work for with a great customer base and atmosphere. I have only been to Smokey's Tobacco and Smoke Pit as of now. I hope to be able to check out a couple other shops as well.

Last edited:

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

It was a fantastic store. But they lost their lease in December. After putting in so much work in the new humis and lounge. :( Really hope he gets it back up.