What's new

Hello from Louisville, Kentucky

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to introduce myself. Returning to cigars after a 10 year absence.

Former cigarette smoker who has been scared to death that smoking one cigar would take me back to two packs of cigs a day. Recently went on a cruise with my wife. They had a cigar lounge on the ship. I figured I'd give it a try as cigarettes weren't readily available while at sea and I might be safe. Smoked an 8-5-8, the first cigar I ever smoked, and fell in love again. Turns out it did not make me want cigarettes in the least.

Now I get to enjoy a cigar and some of Kentucky's native spirit each evening after work. Like the world of Bourbon, the cigar world has exploded with new brands over the past 10 years. I'm exploring some of the new brands, but Fuente will always be my favorite.

I look forward to participating in the group and getting to know all of you better.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Welcome from The Bronx, NY. I recently stopped smoking cigarettes also and was afraid of the same thing. So far so good. On another note, you folks in Kentucky will be partying it up come the first Saturday in May.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Welcome from Denver. Nearly identical cigarette/cigar story as yours, and during my years of not smoking anything I still (often) had cravings for cigarettes. After 8-9 years, started cigars again, and there desire for cigarettes is completely gone. Nice bonus.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from a lifetime Hopkinsville, KY native. In Alaska now though. You want to experience the state? Then try a Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured (KFC). Very unique cigar that tastes like a campfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Welcome from SE Missouri!

If you're looking for a great b&m in the Louisville area, check out Riverside Cigars in Jeffersonville. They have an absolutely amazing selection of cigars, including boutiques like Warped, Illussione, Roma, CH, and the like. Fantastic atmosphere as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to go there. Darned new bridges make it an $8.00 trip in tolls. One less smoke when I get there. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk