What's new

Hello From NY

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Queens, NYC to be exact.

I started smoking Cigars a few months ago on a cruise, and never looked back.

I find myself enjoying mid-full (leaning more towards full).

I am currently in the process of seasoning a new 100 ct humidor I got, while the few stogies I have sit in a smaller one.
Howyadoin?

welcome to BOTL and Happy New Year!!

From one New yorker to another........
watch out because that Humidor will get bigger and bigger (UPGRADE)
and your smokes will be too numerous to remember...

Pretty soon you'll be like us.......
playing TETRIS with all our humidors and coolers!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Welcome from Long Island!

Ever been to Havana Dreams? Feb. 9th some of us are getting together for a few smokes. If you are interested, LMK.
I live 5 minutes from havanna dreams, I checked out it 2 weekends ago, it's good enough, it's the only place in Queens plus one in BaySide I think I heard about.

So far I went to havanna dreams twice, good people, mellow, decent walk in humidor. I am down for Feb 9th. I will need to write a reminder for myself somewhere.

Are you going to be buying the smokes there or bringing your own? What kinds of cigars is everyone smoking these cold winter days?

I find myself doing most my cigars on my dog walks at night.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I live 5 minutes from havanna dreams, I checked out it 2 weekends ago, it's good enough, it's the only place in Queens plus one in BaySide I think I heard about.

So far I went to havanna dreams twice, good people, mellow, decent walk in humidor. I am down for Feb 9th. I will need to write a reminder for myself somewhere.

Are you going to be buying the smokes there or bringing your own? What kinds of cigars is everyone smoking these cold winter days?

I find myself doing most my cigars on my dog walks at night.
I always bring my own smokes. Hope to see you there!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Howyadoin?

welcome to BOTL and Happy New Year!!

From one New yorker to another........
watch out because that Humidor will get bigger and bigger (UPGRADE)
and your smokes will be too numerous to remember...

Pretty soon you'll be like us.......
playing TETRIS with all our humidors and coolers!
Coincidently, a wine cooler was given to me as a gift this weekend, so i plugged that sucker in and am in the process of deciding how to preceed. Looking into some spanish cedar trays, not sure where to buy yet, and I will move all my cigars into there I think. The should fit, and the desktop Humis I think i will store my smokes for the comming week or two. This way, i can let stuff sit in the cooler at a good temperture, and see what all this "aging" talk is all about. I have a few good cigars, that I bought 2-4 of, so I can smoke one in the near future, and tyr to age the rest for 6-12 months.

I got that program cigar register, I dont know if any of you use it, I find it is entertaining for 10-15 minutes to organize my cigars into the humidors, and after i smoke one, i can go write my self a little commentary, that I can look at latre.

Since I am still "exploring" lots of cigars, and kinds, i am trying not to get stuck and decide waht i like, but eventually I will make the move to a real cigar box instead of samplers and singles.

So far my fav cigars that I tried, some are pricey so not every day, some are more every day I guess.

Oliva Serie V
Davidoff Platinum Sceptor ( over priced I think, but still a nice smoke )
C.A.O Gold
C.A.O Mx2
Trinidad maduro (I think might be one of my favs so far, I had it on new years)
Partages #4 (this was awsome, I had 2 on a cruise, where I first picked up cigars, and I took 2 home that I smoked beucase I did not have stable humidor to support aging yet).
Rocky Patel Decade was good but a little more mild than I seem to be liking, still very nice smoke, I tihnk I like the box pressed cigars appearnce.

I could go on.. not that long, i have only been smoking a few months, but... boy... this is an addictive hobby :)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
For all the queens guys, anyone near kew gardens? rego park? Basically I am 5 minutes from Havanna Dreams up by metropolitan and the park.