What's new

Hello from Ohio

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New to the forum. I think so anyway. Was this forum ever a private forum? Like early 2000's? I was a member of a similarly named forum back then but it was private. If it's the same forum but public now I may know a few people here. :)
Anyway, the name is Jeff. Been a cuban cigar lover for a long time, Since about 2002. At one time I had a very nice collection of Cuban cigars. A humidor I had bought from a cigar shop that was about 7 ft tall, 4ft wide and 2 ft deep. Fairly well filled too. :).
Over the years I sold some off and hung onto some very special ones. After my divorce I downsized a lot but still hung onto some very special releases and cigars I had received in trades. Some were rolled by Toboada from some of my trips to the island. The double ledger's I had made were so strong even I couldn't touch them for a long time. Just aging them and waiting for them to come around.. Then sadly about 3 years ago I got robbed and the thing they stole that meant more than anything to me is my cigar collection. It wasn't huge anymore but still about 15k worth of cigars and cigars that I can never replace at any cost. The custom rolls. The Partagas limited editions Pyramide from 2000. A special group buy we did of partagas caronas from 2002. (I think we did 200 boxes of them, some of the last remaining ones at the time) And a bunch of cigars I personally picked out on my trips to Cuba. Also had some excellent cigars I had purchased from a swiss vendor. All cigars that were supposed to age well and last me in my retirement except for specials occasions like my daughters wedding and stuff. I also had a box of Robaina's that were signed by Alejandro before he passed away. A very special gift for me that just cant be replaced. It was also given to me by a special friend in Canada who went and had them signed on one of his trips down there.
So after 3 years of being depressed about it I decided to get back in and start over.. :).. And here I am. Looking forward to making new friends and enjoying some fine cigars once again..
My 1st stop is to buy a new humidor than I'll work and getting it filled. :).

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Welcome to BOTL. Completely different than The Brotherhood of the Leaf private board. You must have been held in higher esteem than I was. I got all 2006 Party Coronas. :LOL:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the welcome everyone.. I'm sure I'll like it here. Already looking in the humidor section.. Looking at a 1000 count unit and saying to myself, self, this just isn't going to be big enough. :)...

I do have a question, when I click on a link in another thread and another page opens to show for instance, a photo someone has posted. It says I have to be logged in to see it but wont let me log in on that page even though I am still logged in on the original page? Is it my mac or a setting I have to change? Anyone know?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from south Florida!!!! Great to have new members on such a great site. I’m sure u will enjoy it here. The people on this forum are amazing, helpful and knowledgeable

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice, do you guys ever get together for cigars?
Well they were my 2 best friends my freshman year of college. Absolute brothers and I miss them horribly, long story short my university last year being a small private Jesuit school cut half of the majors and profs and sports teams causing 65% of students to leave so we all went our own ways. I’ve gotten to see them a few times since. My one friend was huge fisherman so it was the first week of school and we were getting to know each other and we went to fishing to some lake In the country, Andrews uncle was a hardcore cigar smoker and would load him up on some sticks mostly cheaper beginner Connecticut’s. So he brought some and my first cigar ever was victor Sinclair Classico and I thought it was so relaxing and enjoyable. Andrew would only smoke when fishing as he was kinda a health nut and Shane would be my smoking buddy but never got into it like I did. The following week I went to our tiny local cheap cigarette and beer world joint and bought a couple acids and cao flavors. I joined here shortly after that and these brothers got my head on straight and I now I smoke 2-4 sticks a week!