What's new

Hello from Prescott Valley, AZ

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I signed up a few days ago but I don't do much on my phone other than read since I have obese thumbs. I'm getting back into cigars after about a 7 year hiatus-revived my humidor and put a few sticks that I remembered from the old days in it. A lot has changed in 7 years. Glad to be here!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from north Jersey! What'd you fill your humidor up with from the old days?
I was a CAO guy back then, so I naturally gravitated back there. A few golds, a few La Traviatas and a few Americans. I've seen branched waaaaay out. I'm liking LGC, San Cristobal, some (a few) Rocky Patels and Perdomos. I'm enjoying trying various brands and styles.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I was a CAO guy back then, so I naturally gravitated back there. A few golds, a few La Traviatas and a few Americans. I've seen branched waaaaay out. I'm liking LGC, San Cristobal, some (a few) Rocky Patels and Perdomos. I'm enjoying trying various brands and styles.
Try out the CAO brazilia I love that stick, the RP Sun Grown Maduro and the decade are great sticks that I really enjoyed if you’re looking to stick with those companies. There are way too many great ones to try out but if you’re looking this is the right place for suggestions. Welcome brother!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the recommendations. I was a box pressed brazilia guy back then, but the b&m's here don't have them and I don't feel like buying a box online at this point. I guess a trip to Phoenix is needed, especially since it's almost baseball season. There are too many others than I want to try. I've found the RP stuff to be hit and miss. I really enjoyed the 1990 and the 1992, but I almost sprained my wrist in my hurry to get rid of the Edge I had.

I've also enjoyed some Perdomos that I found recently. My new favorite (of the moment) is La Gloria, followed by San Cristobal. Trying new (to me) sticks is half the fun. I'm not at the point where I can detect the tastes that I read about in reviews. I guess that will come as I train my palate.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the recommendations. I was a box pressed brazilia guy back then, but the b&m's here don't have them and I don't feel like buying a box online at this point. I guess a trip to Phoenix is needed, especially since it's almost baseball season. There are too many others than I want to try. I've found the RP stuff to be hit and miss. I really enjoyed the 1990 and the 1992, but I almost sprained my wrist in my hurry to get rid of the Edge I had.

I've also enjoyed some Perdomos that I found recently. My new favorite (of the moment) is La Gloria, followed by San Cristobal. Trying new (to me) sticks is half the fun. I'm not at the point where I can detect the tastes that I read about in reviews. I guess that will come as I train my palate.

Looks like I screwed that up. It was supposed to be a reply. I should go RTFM.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0

That's alright I don't think anyone gets exactly the same flavors as described in reviews. I can detect a few of the primary flavors on the flavor wheel but all these obscure flavors that they write about I either can't detect because my palate sucks or I just would never describe it the way they do. Just smoke what you like and like what you smoke.