What's new

Hello from South Dakota

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Rex and I have been a cigar smoker since 2001. I smoked cigarettes on and off in my 20's and 30's. I smoked black and mild's a lot in college. My Dad always smoked cigars for as long as I can remember. When I was in my 20's my dad would always ask if I wanted to smoke a cigar with him "No thanks Dad, I'll just stick with my pipe tobacco cigars or cigarettes.' I didn't tell him, but at the time I thought they were disgusting. don't know why. After he passed, he still had a few cigars left over. I took 3 to smoke in his memory. I would smoke one of his cigars while golfing. The first one was REALLY bad. I thought 'Oh Dad, how could you even like these'. The second cigar was better, and by the third cigar I was wondering where I could get more. lol

My father always wanted to try a cuban cigar. I wish I could take two back in time and enjoy one with him.

Living in South Dakota was going well until a little over a year ago. That's when the state imposed regulations that said the residents could not order tobacco online. For the past 15 months I have been having someone in another state receive my order and ship them to me. With all this craziness from the lockdown's, someone suggested I get a hobby. Looking on youtube a week ago I saw someone hand rolling a cigar. I did a little investigation and discovered that I could get tobacco leaf sent to South Dakota without a problem! So... I'm going to roll my own cigars! lol That will be my hobby! :)