What's new

Hello from Utah

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
:welcome: Tuffy! Where are you in Utah? I spent a few years down in Dixie (St. George) before I moved to Indianapolis
I was born and raised near St. George, I know the area very well. I now live up in Salt Lake, it's where the jobs with the $$$ are! :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Welcome neighbor! Where do you smoke in this almost smokeless state?
I smoke outside on my patio and with friends (mini-herfs). I was at the Tinderbox the other day and they said they setup herfs every once in awhile in their parking lot (in tents), and to check back about once a month(they can't mail or call with the info in Utah).

I haven't checked into any bars or anything yet, I am waiting to start golfing again, that's my favorite place to smoke. Now that I am learning and trying different cigars, I know there will be at least one good thing on the course this year, and I will be smoking it. I suck at golf, but it's a good excuse to get out of the house and away from the wife and kids (3 girls...ughh).

slcraiders

Rockin' in the Free World
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I smoke outside on my patio and with friends (mini-herfs). I was at the Tinderbox the other day and they said they setup herfs every once in awhile in their parking lot (in tents), and to check back about once a month(they can't mail or call with the info in Utah).

I haven't checked into any bars or anything yet, I am waiting to start golfing again, that's my favorite place to smoke. Now that I am learning and trying different cigars, I know there will be at least one good thing on the course this year, and I will be smoking it. I suck at golf, but it's a good excuse to get out of the house and away from the wife and kids (3 girls...ughh).
I am very good friends with Fred and Joan (the owners of the Tinder Box). They lived right across the street from me until I moved to West Jordan last year. They always take very good care of me when I make my monthly visit. That new walk-in humidor of theirs kicks ass on anything else in this state. Their outdoor events are pretty cool even though they only do 3-4 a year. You can check the retailers/promotion section on cigarcyclopedia . com periodically to see what is scheduled.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to get together for a cigar. I am not a golfer, but I too sometimes need an escape from the wife and boys....

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am very good friends with Fred and Joan (the owners of the Tinder Box). They lived right across the street from me until I moved to West Jordan last year. They always take very good care of me when I make my monthly visit. That new walk-in humidor of theirs kicks ass on anything else in this state. Their outdoor events are pretty cool even though they only do 3-4 a year. You can check the retailers/promotion section on cigarcyclopedia . com periodically to see what is scheduled.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to get together for a cigar. I am not a golfer, but I too sometimes need an escape from the wife and boys....
I remember when they were in the mall. I about passed out on the floor when I walked into the new humidor. They have an amazing inventory there, I couldn't believe everything I was seeing and wanted to walk out with about half of it! It's a great place for a newerish smoker like myself to get started, there are so many different cigars to try. Other shops I have visited have a very small inventory with very few brands.

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yup...from Utah. I have smoked cigars off and on for years, usually while golfing. I never knew what I was smoking though, so I decided to learn a little more about cigars and here I am today. I have a couple humidors with only single sticks in them (but plenty of room for more), I still have a lot of smoking left before I start picking some favorites to stock up on.
welcome