What's new

Hello from Vermont

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Introducing myself from the Northeastern quarter of Vermont. Though I have not officially started smoking cigars yet, I am in the process of searching for a beginner sampler pack. That led me here where I thought I might find useful information to help in what is sure to become my next obsession. I was a cigarette smoker for over 20 years and finally gave that up three years ago. I miss it, I miss it a lot. I am hoping I can fill the void with an evening cigar. I have always enjoyed the smell of a cigar burning and look forward to enjoying the flavors of them. Any tips on great samplers for beginners would be greatly appreciated and I will continue reading and sharing my journey.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome from the Smoky Mountains.
My suggestion is to go slow or you'll likely end up with lot of stuff you won't want later.
I can recommend the top 3 on this page (second page of Atlantics sampler offerings)
https://atlanticcigar.com/samplers/?sort=featured&page=2
Their Pete Johnson, aj Fernandez and "dog walk" samplers are good as well.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Welcome from Arizona. If you have a B&M cigar shop near you, I'd go in and pick up a few at a time, until you get an idea of what you like. You'll pay a little more per stick, but likely end up with less cost in the long run.
But those samplers recommended by @Glassman are nice too. Wouldn't argue with those.
If buying more than you'll smoke in a couple of days...make sure you have a place set up to store them before you buy. Setting up a humidor doesn't happen overnight.
Best of luck!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Welcome from Arizona. If you have a B&M cigar shop near you, I'd go in and pick up a few at a time, until you get an idea of what you like. You'll pay a little more per stick, but likely end up with less cost in the long run.
But those samplers recommended by @Glassman are nice too. Wouldn't argue with those.
If buying more than you'll smoke in a couple of days...make sure you have a place set up to store them before you buy. Setting up a humidor doesn't happen overnight.
Best of luck!
^ Excellent advice here!
Yes, some 65 boveda and a Tupper. With a gasket will serve you well to start. (y)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So it sounds like Tupper will be my first and I will have some studying to do on humidors, which honestly I thought required little thought.
Yep. Many people just stick with the tupperware, because it works so well. Others take the same idea to an extreme and use a cooler (think igloo) These are usually referred to as a coolidor. Others (who need temp control) use a thermoelectric wine-fridge (wineador). Have fun with your research.;)

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So it sounds like Tupper will be my first and I will have some studying to do on humidors, which honestly I thought required little thought.
Yep. Most of the affordable humis are not well made and don't work well. Check the "storage" section of the board and the "see how you store your sticks" thread for a lot of good info. (y)

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Welcome from South East Michigan.
Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real are a good mild smoke, but try as many as you can. Also it helps to take notes about what you smoke and save a band from each until you’re familiar with them. There’s also apps for your smartphone that allow you to take notes, a picture of the cigar, and keep track of what you’re smoked and what you want to try.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not sure if you have Bed & Bath Stores in VT. But they sell a brand of Plastic - Rubber Seal Container with (4) Clip to close good, and tight. Made apprently in New Zeland, Brands Name begins with an "S". The size that is slightly larger then a shoe box is under $15.00.

Sorry I do not know or recall the name, but if you have Bad & Bath check it out, I am sure their staff can help you. Food storage container that work & seal well.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure if you have Bed & Bath Stores in VT. But they sell a brand of Plastic - Rubber Seal Container with (4) Clip to close good, and tight. Made apprently in New Zeland, Brands Name begins with an "S". The size that is slightly larger then a shoe box is under $15.00.

Sorry I do not know or recall the name, but if you have Bad & Bath check it out, I am sure their staff can help you. Food storage container that work & seal well.
Thank you, I will have to look into these

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks, I took a look on eBay and found the brand. Now I understand what you mean. Thank you

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk