What's new

Hello from Wabash, IN (The first electrically lighted city in the world)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started occasionally smoking cigars about 20 years ago when I was 18. In the last several years I’ve started getting more into the “hobby” and 2 years ago my wife got me a desktop humidor. A few months ago I ran across a source for some legit versions of the most counterfeited cigars that I couldn‘t pass up, especially with pre-covid market prices.

A couple of months ago when I was looking for a better way to regulate humidity (thank you boveda and then cheap florist beads (really same thing as the overpriced beads on cigar sites)) and I started talking with some friends; one of whom introduced me to Cigarbid, damn him!! It was at that time I discovered the community sites and the concept of a Tupperdor (I’m actually using an airtight dog food container, see attached)!

Today my wife surprised me with an early anniversary present in the form of a Schmécké Cigar Humidor 400 (See attached). I’ve got it all cleaned out (did the baking soda trick this morning when I unboxed it) and just got all the shelves back in after wiping down with DW. Threw a few empty boxes in (also wiped those down with DW) and 4 Boveda bricks. Hopefully it doesn’t take terribly long to season….I’ve never been one for patience on seasoning my humidors!

Anyway…that’s me hello from Wabash, IN a little town of 10,000 people and a few cool things around town. I’m an Exec with a Reliability & Asset Management firm by day and I’m a family man! I also enjoy golfing (terribly), Planes, Trains, & Automobiles!

Almost forgot to add…Current favorite smoke (Cohiba Siglo I (see attached (photo is dark due to touch up))

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome, I can say I am smarter after reading your post. 1'st electrically lighted city. I know it's difficult but patience when seasoning your new humidor will save you a lot of time and headaches. Good job.