What's new

Help-2011 Malibu vs Fusion

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Strange situation folks and need some insight.

So I go to a local Chevy dealer last Thursday to lease a new car. I decide on the Malibu due to the girls starting to drive. Now I have purchased many vehicles from this place and all from the same salesman.

I get a call that afternoon and I am told that my credit score was lower than the approved number. What? Never been told that ever. So fine.

I go to the Ford dealer and pick out a Fusion and the loan flies right through.

So I email the salesman Friday and tell him Ford had no issues with my loan but thank him for his help. He's a great guy and it wasn't his fault. Hr emails me back saying he is embarrassed his dealer could not work it out. I say no biggy.

Here's where it gets interesting.

I pick the Fusion up Monday. I get home and there is a message on the phone from the owner of the dealership stating they looked at my credit and noticed I had never missed a car payment since I was able to buy cars. Approximately 30 years. Now they want to work something out. I explain that it is too late and I had already gotten the Fusion.

This morning I get a call from the salesman. He says he has never in 20 years of selling cars had to make a call like this.

They are now willing to buy me out of this brand new Fusion to get me in a Chevy. Imagine that.

The help I need is this.

What are the thoughts of my brothers on the Fusion vs Malibu? I am looking for information to help my decision. I get employee discounts on both.

Help a brotha out please.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
don't know anyone who owns a new Malibu but have several friends with the Fusion and they all love their cars. Just run a consumer reports check on both vehicles and pick the one that they say is best.

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Strange situation folks and need some insight.

So I go to a local Chevy dealer last Thursday to lease a new car. I decide on the Malibu due to the girls starting to drive. Now I have purchased many vehicles from this place and all from the same salesman.

I get a call that afternoon and I am told that my credit score was lower than the approved number. What? Never been told that ever. So fine.

I go to the Ford dealer and pick out a Fusion and the loan flies right through.

So I email the salesman Friday and tell him Ford had no issues with my loan but thank him for his help. He's a great guy and it wasn't his fault. Hr emails me back saying he is embarrassed his dealer could not work it out. I say no biggy.

Here's where it gets interesting.

I pick the Fusion up Monday. I get home and there is a message on the phone from the owner of the dealership stating they looked at my credit and noticed I had never missed a car payment since I was able to buy cars. Approximately 30 years. Now they want to work something out. I explain that it is too late and I had already gotten the Fusion.

This morning I get a call from the salesman. He says he has never in 20 years of selling cars had to make a call like this.

They are now willing to buy me out of this brand new Fusion to get me in a Chevy. Imagine that.

The help I need is this.

What are the thoughts of my brothers on the Fusion vs Malibu? I am looking for information to help my decision. I get employee discounts on both.

Help a brotha out please.

Thanks
From what I'm seeing, they look about even. Size, fuel economy, power, weight...all down the line...I tell you that my company uses the fusion for our field people, but that should have no bearing. Which do you like better? Which drives better? Which feels right?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I used to be all GM, then I bought my wife a freestyle. Liked that so much that when it was time for my son to inherit my Mazda tribute (also made by Ford, and just hit 165k miles) I briefly looked at Chevys but settled on a 500. I almost bought a fusion but I got such a deal on in the used 500 I couldn't pass it up.

If you are happy with the car, I'd tell the chevy folks to forget it.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
wow...I have never heard of that before...........but I wanted to Say Hello Scott!
Sup Kid, good to hear from you. Hope all is well.

New thought,

I purchased a Escape 2 months ago. I purchased it when there weren't any deals and it's costing quite a penny.

I am thinking about saying, if you want to buy both and put me in 2 new GM's, we can probably make it work. I think I could get more car for the money in a deal like this. My thoughts anyway.

This doesn't happen too often (if ever) and I want to take full advantage of it.:roundtheh

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I am thinking about saying, if you want to buy both and put me in 2 new GM's, we can probably make it work. I think I could get more car for the money in a deal like this. My thoughts anyway.
That right there sounds like an awesome idea. Definitely try anyway. If they don't agree, I'd stick with the Fusion just on principle.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Well I I'm planning a drive by the GM dealer tomorrow. But I gotta tell ya. Took a 6 hour drive cross state today and that Fusion sure drives nice. I also believe the cabin space and back seat are larger than the Malibu.

I think it's gonna be tough to make the swap.

News at 11.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in a Ford dealership, go with the Fusion. No issues and are great cars. May sound bias. But work great

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I work in a Ford dealership, go with the Fusion. No issues and are great cars. May sound bias. But work great
I guess its fitting that my post goes next. I worked for Chevy dealer for about 14 years. I havent worked for Chevy for about 5 1/2 years, so dont know a ton about the newest ones. But, being a Chevy guy I would go Malibu for sure.