What's new

Help a BOTL from England...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, this is a long shot but thought I would try.

Ever since my wife came back from a vacation from the US a couple of years ago she has become a huge fan of 'The Apprentice' TV show (Please don't judge her too harshly).
So I have been trying to get hold of a DVD box set for her upcoming birthday but it is proving quite a nightmare from here in the UK. The only stores I seem to get from searches are either from Hong Kong or China which seem a little suspect.

Are the box sets easy to get in the US? I understand there is a seasons 1-13 available?

If they are available, I was wondering if I could appeal to a kind soul who would go to the trouble of getting hold of one for me and shipping it over. Of course I would give you all required funds first and cover all shipping costs. I would also make sure a few sticks were heading your way as a thank you.

I know all this is a lot to ask but thought I would give it a try before I ordered from China or somewhere.

Many thanks. :cbig:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yep, good point Ducttape, the region formatting is what you will have to watch out for. I know when I was stationed in Korea, my roommate bought some movies and they didn't work in his DVD player. So I just copied it on a blank DVD for him and that seemed to solve it. Anyway, you can look at Amazon, they might have a multi region copy.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Also, on Amazon, they have a All Region DVD player for $40. Then you can watch any DVD, no matter what the region code.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
When my wife first moved over here, I looked all over the internet for a multi-region/format DVD player. They were quite cost prohibitive, at around $800 - $1000 each until I went to a best buy and bought a $25 DVD player that could be "hacked" region and format free. It worked like a champ.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Just checked Amazon for you: only one they seem to have is The Apprentice - The Complete First Season (2004) it's only $6.59. Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)

I found a couple of other sellers by googling that seem to have a complete box sex (1-12). In stock for $79.99: http://www.dvdsea.com/products/The-Apprentice-Seasons-1-12-DVD-Box-Set-DVDS-2986.html

Never heard of the site before, might be a crap shoot.

Nas

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
what kind of evil sorcery is this? region codes dvds not working on all players, sometimes when I think we've come a long way.....