What's new

Help Id'ing Cigar

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I was gifted 2 of these, and the only lanceros I see are the Don Carlos, but this has the black band Gran Reserva band, which I do see in some pics on a Google search.

Also, they show as having a cedar wrap and black foot band, which mine dont.
I'm told they are 2013 manufacture if that helps.

What exactly do I have here?

Thanks,
Sean

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" they show as having a cedar wrap and black foot band "

perhaps the donor removed them.

cedar can be good in small amounts, I don't like too much........

Burn it............

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
" they show as having a cedar wrap and black foot band "

perhaps the donor removed them.

cedar can be good in small amounts, I don't like too much........

Burn it............
Yeah, I did think of that possibility.

About to smoke it in a few minutes regardless, just would love to know exactly what it is in case i really like it and want to buy more (assuming it's something available for sale)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jrfoxx Not knocking your description, and sometimes I rate cigars at a basic level myself. Good, meh, or shit. But I’m just curious with your use of “tasty”.

taste like what, some basis of comparison ofwhat you find tasty (for example, let’s just say you find black licorice tasty, which I despise) and you smoke a huge variety of smokes and Id like to try what others espouse to be good smokes.

again, certainly mean no offense, just a little more information.

thanks!!

jason

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Jrfoxx Not knocking your description, and sometimes I rate cigars at a basic level myself. Good, meh, or shit. But I’m just curious with your use of “tasty”.

taste like what, some basis of comparison ofwhat you find tasty (for example, let’s just say you find black licorice tasty, which I despise) and you smoke a huge variety of smokes and Id like to try what others espouse to be good smokes.

again, certainly mean no offense, just a little more information.

thanks!!

jason
I hear exactly where your coming from, and no offense taken at all, I've just never been able to pick out individual flavors of foods and spices like you typically see in full length reviews. I wish I could, but I just don't have the palate for it I guess.

By tasty, i simply mean that the overall taste was very good or better, depending on my descriptor right before "tasty", like very or extremely or something like that.

To me, all Cigars taste like tobacco, just different tobacco's for different marcas and vitolas.

Hope that explains it a little better for you.

My inability to detect separate food and spice flavors is why you never see me doing dedicated, longer reviews, just what marca and vitola and sometimes year, and a brief opinion of overall taste, burn and construction.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly appreciate your response. I just posted a similar query about EZ cigars and their descriptions that sound like the highest level of wine sommelier who can discern from the taste of the cigar it was harvested by a 9 fingered left handed farmer that wears a size 9 shoe and has a slight limp. It’s just insane.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Certainly appreciate your response. I just posted a similar query about EZ cigars and their descriptions that sound like the highest level of wine sommelier who can discern from the taste of the cigar it was harvested by a 9 fingered left handed farmer that wears a size 9 shoe and has a slight limp. It’s just insane.
Lol, yeah, sometimes I'm a little skeptical of what gets mentioned for taste in some reviews.

Wish I had the palate to pick up individual flavors lile many others, but I just don't.

30 years of cigarette smoking until I quit just a few months ago likely didn't help my palate.

Last edited: