What's new

Help in Bahrain!!!

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Ron,

Figured I'd post this same question in your forum as well. In hopes you could provide me some insight to cure my problem.

The temp range in Bahrain is 105-125F with low 60's mid 70's humidity and this is the current problem I'm having.

I recently got a new humi from tampahumidor and a cigar oasis as well. But before this humi I had them in a savoy humi and they sound crunchy when I squeeze them next to my ear. My question is how long shall I let them rest before then return back to ideal smoking conditions? I currently have the temp in the room where the humi is set to 69F and inside the humi is about 70/71.

Thanks in advance.

V/r
Brian

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
if the humidity had been in the 60s to 70s in your home, then the cigars really should not have been dry. even if they were a little dry, i cant imagine your problem being too bad. i would give them a couple of weeks so that the wrappers can get rehumidified. then start smoking them, that would be your best test. let me know how it goes.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
if the humidity had been in the 60s to 70s in your home, then the cigars really should not have been dry. even if they were a little dry, i cant imagine your problem being too bad. i would give them a couple of weeks so that the wrappers can get rehumidified. then start smoking them, that would be your best test. let me know how it goes.
Ron that's the humidity level outside. Inside the house it's about 67-72 and about 32-40% humidity, so I'm thinking the C.O II isn't going to help solve the problem so some heartfelt beads may be in order.

V/r
Brian

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
as long as the Cigar Oasis is working properly, it will do a great job of bringing your cigars back to life. I would say about 1 month till they are smokable again. just smoke 1 of those cigars a week till you notice an improvement. nothing wrong with adding some beads to the humidor.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
as long as the Cigar Oasis is working properly, it will do a great job of bringing your cigars back to life. I would say about 1 month till they are smokable again. just smoke 1 of those cigars a week till you notice an improvement. nothing wrong with adding some beads to the humidor.
Ron,

Thanks for the prompt answers hopefully when the time comes to upgrade my storage I'll be able to have one of the avallo cooled humidors I've been reading so much about.

Also how hard would it be to open up the distilled water cartridge and place some form of beads to prevent from having to keep buying a new cartridge.

V/r
Brian

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
the cartridge should be good for a few refills. the lid of the cartridge can be pryed apart. couple drops of silicone to put it back together. you can use more florist foam, or those plant crystals that blow up when you fill them with water(whats in the Drymistat tubes). I dont know if beads would be the best choice to refill the cartridge. ask Viper139 about that.