What's new

Help me identify this Davidoff No1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was lurking around one of my local humidors and i noticed a shelve with white band davidoffs. On close inspection the bands are so yellow that they must be at least 10y old or more. I picked one and it turned out to be a "Short T". Discontinued and replaced by the "Special T" as i found out. I then noticed a lancero vitola. A davidoff no1. I bought one to study and i am confused.

This looks like a Classic No1. But it also looks like a cuban No1?? Only thing i am buffled about is the band. I know the cuban NO1 has "Habana, Cuba" on the band and the classic No1 has "No1, Geneva" on the band. This one has "GENEVE, GENEVA"on the band and i can't find which one it is! I am guessing it is a classic No1 and probably a really old one but im not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know nothing about Davidoff compared to many other brands, but I do know Cuban Davidoffs stopped being made and sold around 90' or 91'. Even if you are not in the U.S. it seems unlikely you'd find cigars from 30+ years ago in a shop. So most likely Dominican. Are you going to smoke it or what?

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing about Davidoff compared to many other brands, but I do know Cuban Davidoffs stopped being made and sold around 90' or 91'. Even if you are not in the U.S. it seems unlikely you'd find cigars from 30+ years ago in a shop. So most likely Dominican. Are you going to smoke it or what?

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
I guess you've got a point. Ill definitely smoke it. It smells like its past its prime and it will be a single wood note throughout but we'll see.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch the Dr Joe Show in YouTube he does some extensive Davidoff videos. Not saying you will surely get your answer but you may and you're certainly going to learn something. It's a great show to watch while smoking.