What's new

Help - suggestions

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
scotch tape? :unsure:
Yeah, it sounds crazy but if I know in advance the cigar isn't gonna be a nub burn due to damage I'll cut a piece of scotch tape in half and then tape down the damaged wrapper 1/4" down from the cap so my mouth never comes into contact with the messed up wrapper (no further damage accrued this way. Keeps the damage in check until the cigar is done.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A time honored method passed down through the generations.
Slobber bro. Lol
Another vote for the slobber method!
Use a punch cut for that smoke. Also - I keep a bit of gum arabic on hand for such an occasion. Scotch tape applied 1/4" down from the cap has also been effective.
No joke, I just slobber it up. I've never heard of the Scotch Tape method but that is a great idea as well!
In the end, I just suffer through smokes like this. It's a terrible situation.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Use a punch cut for that smoke. Also - I keep a bit of gum arabic on hand for such an occasion. Scotch tape applied 1/4" down from the cap has also been effective.
Scotch tape?...Brilliant!!

I would have never even considered this but it makes a TON of sense. You're not going to smoke that part of the cigar anyways so you're not going to lose anything, just salvage what you can. As long as you place the tape high enough so it doesn't rub against your lips while smoking and remember to put the cigar down before the cherry gets to the tape line it sounds like a perfect solution!