What's new

Help with a Forbidden X

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Prob a question for Moki if he's been liberated yet,but maybe someone else can help as well.
A few years back at the Big Smoke in Chicago Carlito gave me an Opus that he said he was planning on smoking himsel later that evening. I graciously accepted it and have been holding on for the right moment to torch it up (most likely in quite a while. Opus is too strong for my taste). Well, I'm not totally familiar with the Forbidden X sizes that were released with the 2001 Prometheus Humidor so I am wondering if this falls into that catagory or if was a totally custom cigar. It's a Torpedo that is roughly 5.5 inches long and is wrapped in cedar. Perhaps a 50 ring and an out of the ordinary light-colored wrapper.
I'm just hoping there's some info out there on this.
Thanks--Cs

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
That is a question for moki ... see if you can find that stick on moki's "Rare Fuente" photo page.

The only cigars I have know to be called Forbidden X are the Phantom (laquito in the original DVD packs - what a great smoke!) and the current DC in the DVD gift packs - but that's just me. :-k

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I most certainly will post a review, but don't plan on it coming in the next few years or anything. Opus actually hurts my throat to smoke. Just too much damn pepper/spice. I've got it collecting Plume in my humi now just waiting for the right special occasion to test it out. Hopefully a few more years of breathing will cause it to 'mellow' out a bit. I'm sure hoping that the 'mellowing' won't kill the flavor, rather just the spice.

Cs